Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

Allen is no more a 'class act' than Mark Davies or somebody like that is. I actually enjoy watching him play because he's a neat and tidy player on the eye. But he is overrated because he's a British player who doesn't shit his kegs in possession of the ball.

Not worth £15 million in a month of Sundays and never will be.

Allen is no more a 'class act' than Mark Davies or somebody like that is. I actually enjoy watching him play because he's a neat and tidy player on the eye. But he is overrated because he's a British player who doesn't s*** his kegs in possession of the ball.

Exactly, just compared with how much we paid for Cabaye it's hilarious

Good signing for Liverpool. They will have a great starting line up (in central midfield) and solid cover for European games and cup games.

1. Allen - Lucas - Gerrard

2. Spearing - Adam - Henderson

Good signing for Liverpool. They will have a great starting line up (in central midfield) and solid cover for European games and cup games.

Not sure if this is serious but neither of those look particularly exciting.

Allen is no more a 'class act' than Mark Davies or somebody like that is. I actually enjoy watching him play because he's a neat and tidy player on the eye. But he is overrated because he's a British player who doesn't s*** his kegs in possession of the ball.

Basically exactly this. Very good comparison with Mark Davies as well for around a 3rd of the price. Mentalists!

I kept a close eye on him during the Olympics....... clearly over rated, especially by Jonathan Pearce who was orgasming over the simplest of things about him, and is easily over-priced, just like Carroll, Downing, Henderson and shit.

He offers nothing apart from neat but not particularly creative, passing. I'm sure the Anfield crowd won't appreciate his side/backward passes too much, either.

He seemed to offer nothing in the deeplying role that he plays. However, I thought he looked a bit more promising when he had the ball in the final third, as his set-up play for Sturridge's goal against Uruguay showed.

So, I think that's probably his best role; playing higher up the pitch.

But still.... 15m? :lol:

Surely Gerrard's batteries are going to run out soon.

It's silly money, but they clearly wanted him, and if the rumours are true about the agreement/loophole/release clause then they would have had to pay a minimum of 15M. Not that he's worth it, but it sounds like they wouldn't have been able to get him for less.

then perhaps they should have gone for someone else who wouldn't cost £15m and can do something other than pass sideways and backwards

Damn, that rules Jenas out then. What other homegrown players can do that?

then perhaps they should have gone for someone else who wouldn't cost £15m and can do something other than pass sideways and backwards

Damn, that rules Jenas out then. What other homegrown players can do that?

Scott Parker, pass sideways and backwards that is.

Surely Gerrard's batteries are going to run out soon.

Going by last season, id argue they have already.

Guthrie is better than Allen imo, and they could have got him for nothing. Too cheap for them, though.

I was thinking this. He's a tidy player for sure (Allen), but Christ - that's an obscene amount of money. Gerrard, Lucas, Allen, Henderson, Adam, Spearing; that's just mega uninspiring tbh and is seriously lacking in goals. Still absolutely millions of miles away from replacing Xabi Alonso.

Can't believe he got rid of Aquilani as well.

It's kinda forgotten about now but what a fucking car-crash that whole thing was.

Fuck man i hope they drop like an absolute fucking stone when Suarez pisses off (which he will) and super Stevie G stagnates into a bog-standard old CM. They have likenesses to us a few years before we went down. Imagine if they deteriorated that much - would be fucking marvellous.

Guthrie is better than Allen imo, and they could have got him for nothing. Too cheap for them, though.

I was thinking this. He's a tidy player for sure (Allen), but Christ - that's an obscene amount of money. Gerrard, Lucas, Allen, Henderson, Adam, Spearing; that's just mega uninspiring tbh and is seriously lacking in goals. Still absolutely millions of miles away from replacing Xabi Alonso.

That's the exact point i was making more before hand, they have tonnes of midfielders that can recycle possession which is good for Rodgers gameplan i suppose but nothing in an actual creative sense.

They will rely a lot on Suarez to create by himself again.

Would have made much more sense, to buy a more creative attacking midfielder than Allen.

That's the exact point i was making more before hand, they have tonnes of midfielders that can recycle possession which is good for Rodgers gameplan i suppose but nothing in an actual creative sense.

Would have made much more sense, to buy a more creative attacking midfielder than Allen.

Marvin Martin went relatively cheap to Lille, he would have been a far better option.

Mind, i don't know what this Borini lad's all about. Is he an out-and-out striker? Cos as Mole says, they need a foil for Suarez cos if they're relying on him all season again, they won't pull up any trees. Putting his disgusting face aside, he's obviously a talented player but i think he gets overrated. Just a tricky winger-cum-forward, nowt original.