Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

He moved to Olympiacos at 22.

And for a player of his talent, even at that age, it's still surprising he was at Olympiacos and not already in the plans of a major side in a major league.

Damnit, knew I should have searched that up before posting :lol:

I guess you have a point, but a move to Olympiacos, the biggest club in Greece (at that time at least), regularly in the CL isn´t the worst for a 22 year old. Could be that he wasn´t seen as an attacking midfielder/utilised in a way that he was recognised by bigger clubs or that he simply did not develop that early.

And for a player of his talent, even at that age, it's still surprising he was at Olympiacos and not already in the plans of a major side in a major league.

I guess you have a point, but a move to Olympiacos, the biggest club in Greece (at that time at least), regularly in the CL isn´t the worst for a 22 year old. Could be that he wasn´t seen as an attacking midfielder/utilised in a way that he was recognised by bigger clubs or that he simply did not develop that early.

Aye, that's a good point. Don't think he's ever been utilized as far forward as he is with City, more of defensive midfielder even at Barca(?) Someone (VI, Mole, Sewelly) will have to verify that, I've not watched much Barca until the last couple seasons.

Aye, that's a good point. Don't think he's ever been utilized as far forward as he is with City, more of defensive midfielder even at Barca(?) Someone (VI, Mole, Sewelly) will have to verify that, I've not watched much Barca until the last couple seasons.

He was deployed as DM with Barça. One of the reasons Guardiola ultimately benched him for Busquets is because of how much he tended to lose his position and go forward, though. He was never a good fit for that role. 

Hope we get Inter in the last 8.

Think we would do them tbh, i have watched them a lot over last 2 months ( mainly because they are on ESPN a lot for some reason) and they are really bad at the moment, when i watched them i felt like clawing my eyes out it was that bad.

With that said we have to get a very difficult tie against Anzhi and they have to get through Spurs and i can't see them beating Spurs at the moment.

Don't see Inter getting past Spurs at the minute. In fact I'm worried Spurs will go all the way in the Europa. Definitely the team to beat now that Atletico are gone.

We're not looking that great, but Kaboul is back in training and Defoe coming back will help (surprised as I am to say that). Chelsea are definitely the team to beat. I think everyone else is much of a muchness, although Anzhi, Zenit and Benfica look pretty good. If you beat Anzhi, then I reckon it's anybody's - and that includes you.

John Carew to Inter as a stopgap for the injured Diego Milito  :lol: :lol: :facepalm:

European clubs can still make transfers outside of UEFA, no? If that's the case, why don't they go get someone on loan from South America? Almost anybody'd be a better shout than Carew.

John Carew to Inter as a stopgap for the injured Diego Milito  :lol: :lol: :facepalm:

European clubs can still make transfers outside of UEFA, no? If that's the case, why don't they go get someone on loan from South America? Almost anybody'd be a better shout than Carew.

Don't think Carew was employed.

There was some ridiculous article in some red top paper the other day, with him starrign in some low budget Norwegian horror flick ( no I'm not joking!), and how he was looking to start acting.

:lol:

UEFA won't process the registration of a player registered for another team outside the transfer windows. You can only sign unattached players.

Don't think Carew was employed.

There was some ridiculous article in some red top paper the other day, with him starrign in some low budget Norwegian horror flick ( no I'm not joking!), and how he was looking to start acting.

:lol:

http://fotball.aftenposten.no/multimedia/archive/00177/carew_177747o.jpg

It's not a Norwegian flick though, it's an American one.

Guest chicken little

Carew landing in Milan :lol:

http://1.vgc.no/drfront/images/2013/02/26/c=350,155,461,259;w=338;h=190;79473.jpg

looks like hunter s thompson ffs