Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

I also don't agree with them being pushovers, that is long gone. They had the 2nd best defensive record in the league last year with 37 and in the 2nd half of the season they got the most points.

everyone stopped caring about them after say game 4, they weren't contenders so why bother...higuain will score goals but that's not been their problem for about a decade man

They need someone who will not shirk when they're under pressure, in defence and defensive midfield. They're a quality side but they aren't riddled with talent like the other teams up there. A decent goalie won't be a bad idea either.

Seems Higuain is the kind of striker who might struggle if he's the top attacking option on his team. Great talent, don't get me wrong, but we'll see how he performs without Ronaldo, Benzema, Di Maria, etc.

Don't think creativity has ever been Arsenals problem. They make loads of chances.

No doubt, but Cazorla is no Ronaldo, Giroud is no Benzema, and Walcott is no Di Maria.

I imagine Higuain will do well there, probably the best fit for him.

I also don't agree with them being pushovers, that is long gone. They had the 2nd best defensive record in the league last year with 37 and in the 2nd half of the season they got the most points.

everyone stopped caring about them after say game 4, they weren't contenders so why bother...higuain will score goals but that's not been their problem for about a decade man

They need someone who will not shirk when they're under pressure, in defence and defensive midfield. They're a quality side but they aren't riddled with talent like the other teams up there. A decent goalie won't be a bad idea either.

they need to be able to go to stamford bridge, WHL and old trafford and fucking win...that's where it went wrong for them man

they need to be able to go to stamford bridge, WHL and old trafford and f***ing win...that's where it went wrong for them man

aye, places where they're invariably under the most pressure.

Seems Higuain is the kind of striker who might struggle if he's the top attacking option on his team. Great talent, don't get me wrong, but we'll see how he performs without Ronaldo, Benzema, Di Maria, etc.

He scored 20 goals+ twice before those players even arrived, if anything getting away from Ronaldo and Benzema will be the best thing that ever happens to him.

Ok man  :laugh:

If you are a pushover you are a pushover whether you are contenders or not is irrelevant.

And goals was a problem last season despite popular belief, they would often struggle to break teams down. They had blow out games which disguised their issues which were consistent creativity and goalscoring.

Higuaín is a top class poacher, but nothing else than that. His work rate is great, mind, he's not the kind of Darrent Bent-esque striker that lazies it up and camps near the box. But he isn't creative or somebody that will often fashion his own chances, he isn't Robin Van Persie.

I suppose he'll do well at Arsenal, just give him the ball in a threatening position and he'll do the job.

He scored 20 goals+ twice before those players even arrived, if anything getting away from Ronaldo and Benzema will be the best thing that ever happens to him.

Ok man  :laugh:

If you are a pushover you are a pushover whether you are contenders or not is irrelevant.

And goals was a problem last season despite popular belief, they would often struggle to break teams down. They had blow out games which disguised their issues which were consistent creativity and goalscoring.

agree in a sense, however when they were winning titles under wenger imo they did so with some massive results at their competitors grounds

when did they last win a big game like that?  they've even started to lost to spurs man ffs

they'll sign higuain and beat 75% of the shit in the league still

status will be quo

That he did, but he still had Raul, Robben, and Van der Vaart. :lol:

As I said, he's a great player who will undoubtedly do well for Arsenal. Maybe he does just need to get on a team where he can be the main man. We'll see.

Higuain is exactly what Arsenal need. A top class striker.

they need that, but it's not only what they need by a long chalk

Think Wenger has begrudgingly accepted he needs to spend some money.

Higuain is exactly what Arsenal need. A top class striker.

they need that, but it's not only what they need by a long chalk

It's the most important thing. Their attacking options are awful.

/

again...how many clean sheets have they kept at old trafford, stamford etc.?

Guest bimpy474

Arsenal's attack must been right fanny to have made the Champions League for the last 150 years on the trot.

I agree they need more but if reports are to be believed they want a DM and a AM and that about covers it all.

As for Higuain as a player i think he's link up play is a bit underrated, he's no RVP or Benzema but he's not incapable of creating for others his total of 40 assists in last 5 seasons sort of says that he is capable.

agree in a sense, however when they were winning titles under wenger imo they did so with some massive results at their competitors grounds

when did they last win a big game like that?  they've even started to lost to spurs man ffs

they'll sign higuain and beat 75% of the s*** in the league still

status will be quo

I agree with that but towards the end of last season(Bayern away win onwards) they solved a lot of their issues by changing the system and dropping Vermealen. ( who was pretty much the reason they lost to Spurs)

I agree they need more but if reports are to be believed they want a DM and a AM and that about covers it all.

As for Higuain as a player i think he's link up play is a bit underrated, he's no RVP or Benzema but he's not incapable of creating for others his total of 40 assists in last 5 seasons sort of says that he is capable.

status will be quo

I agree with that but towards the end of last season(Bayern away win onwards) they solved a lot of their issues by changing the system and dropping Vermealen. ( who was pretty much the reason they lost to Spurs)

*Higuaín makes a sideways pass to Cronaldo*

*Cronaldo blasts it top corner from outside the box*

*Higuaín notches an assist*

I'm not saying all have been like this one, but I have seen this play more than once, twice or thrice :lol:

His overall play isn't much, but as I said his workrate is great. He's the kind of player that is always making runs and popping up in several positions upfront to make himself available, he should do well for them with the creativity Arsenal have.

Another CB aswell. Mertesacker man.

What's wrong with Mertesacker? March 16th onwards they only conceded 2 goals from open play and 6 overall.

He was pretty shitty to begin with i will admit but his lack of pace isn't even an issue anymore, they were fine once Vermealen was dropped.

Just look at their defensive record after Spurs game on 3rd March http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/matchday/results.html?paramClubId=1006&paramComp_100=true&paramSeason=2012-2013&view=.dateSeason ( once they dropped Vermealen)

It really isn't an issue.

status will be quo

I'm not saying all have been like this one, but I have seen this play more than once, twice or thrice :lol:

His overall play isn't much, but as I said his workrate is great. He's the kind of player that is always making runs and popping up in several positions upfront to make himself available, he should do well for them with the creativity Arsenal have.

While that is true, you compared him to Darren Bent man. Darren Bent wouldn't be able to rack that amount up regardless of how it happened.

status will be quo

While that is true, you compared him to Darren Bent man. Darren Bent wouldn't be able to rack that amount up regardless of how it happened.

Man, read again, I said that he's a poacher but that he isn't Darren Bent :lol:

Aint a stats wizard and they probably back your point but imo they can do better than him.

They probably can but as it stands their back 4 has a good understanding and it works. Sometimes having understanding and having partnerships which feed of each other ( which Mertesacker and Koscielny do) is more important than simply getting someone better.