Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

Moyes does seem to go all the way in testing Barca's resolve. That has been a very public and high-fee pursuit of Cesc so far.

It surprises me because our board has insisted today that they talked to Cesc and he doesn't want to leave (and he himself rubbished it earlier this summer when the first links to ManU appeared).

You don't engage in this kind of public chase unless the player's interested, are you?

Moyes has been strangely too vocal about things since he took over, I guess he wanted to put on a strong profile right off the bat but might backfire on him. Comments on Rooney were really clumsy and if they don't land Cesc he will look silly after being so determined about it.

Exactly! That's what I said. Most Man U fans are sceptical at best as it is. Hes doing himself no favours. Needs to just chill out.

A bad start and his arse could really be on fire. They wont sack him, but the atmosphere will suck, which won't be cool for him at all.

Gary Hooper signs for Norwich

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11709/8841800/gary-hooper-completes-switch-to-norwich-from-celtic-on-four-year-deal

I work about 5 minutes from Carrow Road and all the season ticket holders in our office are going mad, first time I've ever been jealous of Norwich in a transfer window :lol:

Some superb signings! Fer will be the pick of them IMO;

Arrivals

Player/Position Age Nat. from Transfer fee

Leroy Fer

Central Midfield

FC Twente Enschede

Eredivisie

4.840.000 £

Martin Olsson

Left-Back

Blackburn Rovers

Championship

2.552.000 £

Carlo Nash

Keeper

Stoke City

Premier League

free transfer

Nathan Redmond

Left Midfield

Birmingham City

Championship

2.024.000 £

Ricky van Wolfswinkel

Centre Forward

Sporting Lisbon

Primeira Liga

8.800.000 £

Javier Garrido

Left-Back

SS Lazio

Serie A

1.320.000 £

Semi Ajayi

Centre Back

Charlton Athletic

Championship

?

Gary Hooper

Centre Forward

Celtic FC

Premier League

5.000.000 £

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Paully man, sort the Tapatalk signature business out :laugh:

You need to go back to the main menu (icon top-left of screen) and you'll find it in the "Editor" section of the Settings page.

The current transfer gimp on SSN is pretty annoying. Didn't notice him until someone on here pointed it out.

The Marca bit was cringeworthy. What a tool. :lol:

What was it?

Just making a big deal about Marca reporting that Bale wants to move to Real and they'll bid £52m. Was more the way he was reporting it, he sounded ridiculous.

Since when did Hooper become this player of apparent star quality? Seen nothing from him to suggest he'll be anything better than decent. He'll score a few goals, as he should.

He'll score more than our forwards will and in arguably a worse team. #Fuming

Not that it's a great indication of anything, but Hooper's pretty close to an England call up.

He's much better than most of you are giving him credit for, but you'll soon see that. He's not a "poacher" at all, he's far more rounded as a player than that. Good signing for Norwich.

TBF to Norwich their squad was piss weak, now it's not. Probably won't do much more than keep them up but that's all they can really aim for realistically. At least with some of those names they'll play a bit more progressive football you'd imagine.

Sent from my Spectrum ZX using cassette tapes.

Guest icemanblue

I can't wait till Hooper flops, so you can shut up about how great he is.

Will you admit to how good he is when he doesn't then?

How long have you two been together, like?

Sent from my scrotum using strategic pube placement.

Oh aye Disco, don't think anyone can say Norwich have had anything other than a great transfer window. Significantly improved the quality of their squad and I expect them to be very comfortable mid-table.

Still not seen much to justify the Hooper hype, but I'm sure I'll change my mind when he knocks a couple past us on the opening day.

Sent from heaven.