Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

http://www.itv.com/sport/football/article/2012-08-22/arsenal-to-bid-15m-for-jesus-navas/

Arsenal are set to table a €15million offer for Sevilla and Spain international winger Jesus Navas, according to reports in the AS newspaper.

Navas impressed for Spain as they retained their European Championship title in Poland and Ukraine this summer, scoring the crucial winner against Croatia in the group stages.

And the 26-year-old left-sided player has been recommended to manager Arsene Wenger by his international team-mate Santi Cazorla, who signed for the Gunners earlier this summer.

Navas has spent his entire professional career at Sevilla, making 350 appearances for the Andalucian club since debuting in 2003, two days after his 18th birthday.

The winger has 26 Spain caps, and his signature should soothe Arsenal fans' fears for the season ahead following the loss of Robin van Persie and Alex Song this summer.

http://www.itv.com/sport/football/article/2012-08-22/arsenal-to-bid-15m-for-jesus-navas/

Arsenal are set to table a €15million offer for Sevilla and Spain international winger Jesus Navas, according to reports in the AS newspaper.

Navas impressed for Spain as they retained their European Championship title in Poland and Ukraine this summer, scoring the crucial winner against Croatia in the group stages.

And the 26-year-old left-sided player has been recommended to manager Arsene Wenger by his international team-mate Santi Cazorla, who signed for the Gunners earlier this summer.

Navas has spent his entire professional career at Sevilla, making 350 appearances for the Andalucian club since debuting in 2003, two days after his 18th birthday.

The winger has 26 Spain caps, and his signature should soothe Arsenal fans' fears for the season ahead following the loss of Robin van Persie and Alex Song this summer.

Another winger? Wenger's a fucking idiot!

Another winger? Wenger's a f***ing idiot!

I'd sign Navas for us. He is really one of the best pace-based players in Europe. Really scary going down the flank with his pace, footwork and crossing ability.

I've never been Navas biggest fan. Pace to burn but doesn't really seem to have the end product. I remember adoring Reyes at Sevilla and ranting and raving how he would be brillaint for Arsenal and i ended up looking like a tit. Not falling in this trap again.

Navas' end product is just fine. He's racked up loads of assists over the years, pretty consistently. Plus is one of those players that easily disrupts a defence even if he doesn't get to score/give the last pass.

I agree that his direct style isn't Arsenal's way, but it's also something they lack (one of the reasons I'd love him at Barça as plan B).

I like him coming off the bench to change things around a little like he can do with Spain but when i've watched him for Sevilla, he's just never convinced me. He will look brilliant one game then you'll see him another game and nothing comes off. Mainly getting angry at his decision making, sometimes when beating a man he should just let fly but always seems to try another trick or play the pass.

Whereas when Reyes signed for Arsenal i just thought he would be perfect, he was far from. His displays first time around for Sevilla were magical.

Doesn't Jesus Navas get really homesick though? Swear I read something about him taking ages to adjust to traveling to away games with Spain etc.

I've heard something similar to that too. When I was a bit younger I used to get him and Vicente mixed up. Wasn't Vicente breast fed until he was 7 years old or something mad like that?

Doesn't Jesus Navas get really homesick though? Swear I read something about him taking ages to adjust to traveling to away games with Spain etc.

I've heard something similar to that too. When I was a bit younger I used to get him and Vicente mixed up. Wasn't Vicente breast fed until he was 7 years old or something mad like that?

That's Joaquín. Seems you mix up more Spanish wingers than you think :D

When did relegated Premiership teams start to dictate 8 figure fees for their players? It's madness. 10m for Jarvis and 15m for Fletcher man. Aren't they meant to be in a vulnerable position, with a need to sell & with players who want out? How much would have sold for if they were still in the PL ffs!? 20m for Jarvis? 30m for Fletcher?

When did relegated Premiership teams start to dictate 8 figure fees for their players? It's madness. 10m for Jarvis and 15m for Fletcher man. Aren't they meant to be in a vulnerable position, with a need to sell & with players who want out? How much would have sold for if they were still in the PL ffs!? 20m for Jarvis? 30m for Fletcher?

I think Wolves are quite well-run, hope to get straight back up, and have a couple of players proven to be very good in the Premier League.

We didn't do too badly to retain our players.