Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

The £80K would be a massive turn off for most clubs I'd imagine, even if the £5m transfer fee is an absolute steal.

I don't know if I've skimmed over it, but how ling is the contract for, 2 year?

We don't know yet, not confirmed on the site.

he's shown plenty of attitude problems in the past which is why (with the stupid wages) us and others weren't beating down the door for him

I get that. So why is everyone so pissed off then? :lol: Surely we're the fools for paying 80K a week (our new highest earner, in all likelihood).

Becomes a problem when he plays against City.

Paying a player who's playing for the opposition? Dodgy...

Not really. As they can't exactly say play s*** or we won't pay you.

Say for instance he misses a last minute penalty that hands City the title/cup. Then what? Questions will be asked. Why would the League allow for such a possibility?

Yeah that's the issue. But like I said, it's as if they're paying us 10M in instalments. It's as if they're simply paying us 5M to take him off their hands, and they might be saving that in offsetting amortisation over the last two years of his contract.

Yeah that's the issue. But like I said, it's as if they're paying us 10M in instalments. It's as if they're simply paying us 5M to take him off their hands, and they might be saving that in offsetting amortisation over the last two years of his contract.

It's not really like that though. If he signs a full time contract with THFC, he should have severed all links with MCFC. If there is some kind of arrangement to "pay you to take him off their hands", it should never ever be released in the press.

I don't know why they didn't structure it as a free transfer tbh.

This way is just... messy, suspicious and stinks of corruption :lol:

An equivalent reduction in transfer fee would be the wages Citeh will pay Adebayor over the length of the new contract. Unless the contract is long enough to put Spurs at a profit on the purchase :lol: :lol:

An equivalent reduction in transfer fee would be the wages Citeh will pay Adebayor over the length of the new contract. Unless the contract is long enough to put Spurs at a profit on the purchase :lol: :lol:

Amazing how well suited 'Arry was to that club.

Not really. As they can't exactly say play s*** or we won't pay you.

Say for instance he misses a last minute penalty that hands City the title/cup. Then what? Questions will be asked. Why would the League allow for such a possibility?

It's happened loads of times in the past and nobody has questioned it then, so why now?

Well, we're not exactly at a profit because from our point of view we're just paying 5M plus 80K a week. All it does is offset City's costs for FFP, as Dave so succinctly put it. We're at a profit if you think we actually should be paying 175K a week for him.