Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

FFS :lol: £9 Million

Spurs squad is pretty thin now like with Bassong and Dawson away.

I dunno. I'd like another kid in from somewhere as we haven't got any more coming through, but we have Kaboul, Vertonghen, Gallas and Caulker. Compares favourably to most others I think.

Becomes a problem when he plays against City.

Paying a player who's playing for the opposition? Dodgy...

Not really. As they can't exactly say play s*** or we won't pay you.

Say for instance he misses a last minute penalty that hands City the title/cup. Then what? Questions will be asked. Why would the League allow for such a possibility?

It's happened loads of times in the past and nobody has questioned it then, so why now?

When has it happened in the past where a player misses a last minute penalty against a club that's paying half his wages to win them a trophy/3 pts/a place in the next round?

To be frank this Adebayor deal may look disgusting, but at the end of the day it's no different from players demanding a liquidation fee to their former club when accepting a transfer to a club on less wages, which is something that happens all the time. Instead of being a lump sum, City is paying it in installments.

Thought you would find this amusing, Levante's DOF has admitted they are in talks to sign Obafemi Martins (although the deal with Kazan is "difficult" according to him).

He should be a very good replacement for Kone, anyway. Wish him well.

I have no idea in which form Martins is nowadays, but if he's retained that pace he would work beautifully with Levante's press and counter style.

Thought you would find this amusing, Levante's DOF has admitted they are in talks to sign Obafemi Martins (although the deal with Kazan is "difficult" according to him).

He should be a very good replacement for Kone, anyway. Wish him well.

I have no idea in which form Martins is nowadays, but if he's retained that pace he would work beautifully with Levante's press and counter style.

Tbh Martins' pace is pretty useless on the counter as he just doesn't know how to use it, he'll hinder more counter attacks than he'll help and he'll squander more 1 on 1s than he'll convert. Set him on his left foot within about 60 yards of goal though and you're laughing.

Matt Dawson? The one Oba Martins so regularly castrated? £9 million English pounds?

I never knew Martins played rugby.

Matt Dawson? The one Oba Martins so regularly castrated? £9 million English pounds?

I doubt even QPR would pay that much for a Question of Sport captain. Could be wrong though.

What is the clown's actual name? I forget ...

Man QPR just conceded 5 against Swansea and they think Dawson is the answer.

That's laughable.

How do you get 9 million for Dawson. Holy s***.

Crazy. Isn´t that pretty much what they allegedly paid for Vertonghen? Quite an upgrade for £0 :lol:

You wonder why QPR never pointed out the fact that Dawson is nowhere near the quality of Vertonghen and so probably shouldn't cost the same amount.