Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

Sow and Cardozo up front in the Turkish league :fwap:

Should be interesting. Galatasaray are clearly better nowadays but Cardozo guarantees goals like few. I hope he stays in Lisbon but after that problem with Jorge Jesus... not likely.

Bony - possible replacement. I believe he was linked to Newcastle in January.

Still is, but we'll miss out coz were good at that sorta thing.

Dekka and Ash absolutely love a transfer saga don't they?

Hard to believe he's 30 now. Fucking hell.

Watched the 02-03 season review t'other day to remind my Man U supporting lass of when we were great. Christ, Hugo looked sensational at times during that first season, what a left foot.

I did same watching our top 20 goals of the season, was suprised how many he was scoring/involved in.

@RorySmithTimes

Chelsea have had a £40m bid for Cavani rejected. Also offered one player in part-ex: not Torres or Ramires. Napoli want £53m, nothing less.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/5/5a/Demba_Ba_Sinsheim.jpg/180px-Demba_Ba_Sinsheim.jpg

Viana was class in the under 21 tournament prior to signing for us and looked a world  beater. I was so excited when we signed him.

I really liked him as a player.  You could see he had real quality, a great touch and vision to go along with it.  Just a shame he was tectonically slow otherwise I think he would have been excellent for us.  As things were he just couldn't keep up with the pace of the game here.

@RorySmithTimes

Chelsea have had a £40m bid for Cavani rejected. Also offered one player in part-ex: not Torres or Ramires. Napoli want £53m, nothing less.

I bet they'd take £52m.

@RorySmithTimes

I bet they'd take £52m.

They'll take the Alan Partridge house buying method.

"Would you take £52.95m?"

"Si!"

Can't see Ba staying tbh. Unless he loves money loads.

Ah well least he's made it #bigtime

Ba's quality man, not many players can win the Europa League after playing only half of the competition for another team. It takes fucking skill that man.

Do people dislike Ba now? I don't understand why they would. If Chelsea pay Torres to play somewhere else, which I think they will, Ba will have plenty of chances.

Tribal nature of football dictates most players must be disliked when they leave unfortunately.

Viana was class in the under 21 tournament prior to signing for us and looked a world  beater. I was so excited when we signed him.

I really liked him as a player.  You could see he had real quality, a great touch and vision to go along with it.  Just a shame he was tectonically slow otherwise I think he would have been excellent for us.  As things were he just couldn't keep up with the pace of the game here.

I watched that tournament... Viana was decent but you could tell the rest of the team were doing his running for him... He was never at any stage looked like a world beater... Nice left foot but couldn't see how he would fit into our team at the time or our league... And so it proved... It's one of footballs myths that he was exceptional in that tournament...

Wasn't he European young player of the year?

I feel his career could have been much different. Came to us at the wrong time, he was never going to replace Speed and he was no left winger.

Just been at a Uni open day and they showed us glossy magazines produced by last year's students. Very professional looking, one was called 'The United' and there was an article titled 'Why Demba Ba will not leave' ;D

I watched that tournament... Viana was decent but you could tell the rest of the team were doing his running for him... He was never at any stage looked like a world beater... Nice left foot but couldn't see how he would fit into our team at the time or our league... And so it proved... It's one of footballs myths that he was exceptional in that tournament...

Yeah?...How did that feel?...I mean...Didn't he as the guy above said win the European young player of the year or something?...Viana could've definitely been a class player...

Do people dislike Ba now? I don't understand why they would. If Chelsea pay Torres to play somewhere else, which I think they will, Ba will have plenty of chances.

Tribal nature of football dictates most players must be disliked when they leave unfortunately.

Personally i don't dislike him, far from it in fact. But i wouldn't want him back because its pretty obvious he and Cisse don't work.

Yeah?...How did that feel?...I mean...Didn't he as the guy above said win the European young player of the year or something?...Viana could've definitely been a class player...

He did... But not all awards are deserved... Could've... Should've... Would've...    Didn't... Hasn't... Won't... He's never scaled the heights... You'll struggle to google the history of EYP award winners... It's no great guideline for sure if Viana is anything to go by...