Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

Really don't see the game Man Utd are playing with Rooney, he seems a 2nd citizen at Man Utd saying that they are probably awaiting Fabregas or a n other to come in before the sanction a major sale like Rooney.

strange goings on at manyoo for me, if i was involved there the one thing i'd have wanted to ensure was a statement of intent that moyes is the new man, a big signing for a canny wedge, but they're making mincemeat of this fabregas stuff and as you say the rooney situation too

doesn't bode well imo

good

Is there a legal change in the contract if a player submits a transfer request?  Not totally sure how the laws work over there but I always assumed it was more of a gesture than anything else  - which I thought was accomplished by Suarez with his interview on Tuesday.

Barca's apparent bid £35m for David Luiz was rejected.

Over here they're saying that it was just €20-25m, but yeah, we made a bid.

Hope for your sake that it wasn't £35m, for that kind of money you should be able to do a lot better. I quite like David Luiz, but he's not worth anywhere near that kind of money, probably not even €20m either IMO.

Is there a legal change in the contract if a player submits a transfer request?  Not totally sure how the laws work over there but I always assumed it was more of a gesture than anything else  - which I thought was accomplished by Suarez with his interview on Tuesday.

I think they need to hand in a written transfer request which seems a bit pointless these days if they can get by it by just telling the press they want to leave and how their current club are treating them like slaves etc...

The loyalty thing should just be done away with tbh.

Guest neesy111

The loyalty thing should just be done away with tbh.

Yeap, could say they are already getting paid enough.....

Luiz is easily worth 20m euros like. He went for more than that to Chelsea iirc anyway.

He's a real big game player and a fine athlete. Not to mention a great footballer. He's a better footballer and athlete than he is a defender but he can defend very well.

I agree, I think hes an excellent footballer.  I thought he was exposed and "dropped in it" when asked to play CB.  Alan Hansens analysis on MoTD was cringe worthy.

Hummels has a touch of the Bramble clanger in him. They crop up in big games too. Luiz sometimes just doesn't seem arsed to defend (I don't know why that's better to me, it just is) but in big matches he always brings the A game. Concentration, desire etc. He looks a real leader when he's focused, all-action type.

He also takes a mean penalty/free-kick.

My appreciation of David Luiz has grown over the past months, particularly after the Confe Cup, he played like a man possessed in that.

My only issue, apart that I don't think we'll meet Chelsea's price, is that he's a bit too similar to Piqué in style/weaknesses and they wouldn't be a great pairing.

Really don't see the game Man Utd are playing with Rooney, he seems a 2nd citizen at Man Utd saying that they are probably awaiting Fabregas or a n other to come in before the sanction a major sale like Rooney.

strange goings on at manyoo for me, if i was involved there the one thing i'd have wanted to ensure was a statement of intent that moyes is the new man, a big signing for a canny wedge, but they're making mincemeat of this fabregas stuff and as you say the rooney situation too

doesn't bode well imo

good

Moyes will be under massive pressure anyway, yet there is a strong chance they'll go into next season with no major signing, a disgruntled at best Rooney and their rivals making strides in the transfer market. If Arsenal can pull off the Suarez deal they'll be a big threat as well. This could be a disaster for Man Utd. Would love to see them sweat on CL places, that is a distinct possibility at the moment if Spurs invest the Bale money well, or even if they keep Bale (a happy Bale) and sign some centre halves.

If we didn't have clowns looking after our club this would probably be the most excited I've been in a while about the Premiership, because of the fuckwittery going on at our club I',m a little bit meh!!

My appreciation of David Luiz has grown over the past months, particularly after the Confe Cup, he played like a man possessed in that.

My only issue, apart that I don't think we'll meet Chelsea's price, is that he's a bit too similar to Piqué in style/weaknesses and they wouldn't be a great pairing.

Luiz has all the attributes to be a top top quality CH. He lacks concentration at time and has taken a while to settle in the Premiership. I think Mourinho will be able to get the best out of him next season, as long as he is not messed around to accommodate Terry.