Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

David Ornstein ‏@bbcsport_david 4m

Spurs close to signing Lamela, flying in for medical. #Thfc also working on deal for Eriksen. Bale edging closer, not finalised #bbcfootball

F*cking Spurs.

Lamela, Soldado, Paulinho and Capoue. Well played, Tottenham.

Still not going to get excited about Lamela until our official announcement. I'm also nervous that the Bale thing will fall through.

Still, if it works out, and we get the Romanian CB too, and Eriksen, it's an epic, epic window. Lamela, Soldado, Paulinho, Capoue, Chadli, Eriksen, Chiriches. Fucking hell. And we wave goodbye to Bentley, Gallas, Ade (probably), Caulker, Parker, Bale, Dempsey and Huddlestone. And, depending upon the Bale money, we might even be in credit. That's fucking insane.

RAWK's transfer forum is worth a look btw. Nearly all the threads are suffixed with (No Spurs), and almost all of them are locked anyway:

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?board=31.0

Apparently the admins had an eppy over people moaning about Spurs.

Spurs fans are still twats, well run club though

It is a very risky season for Spurs though.  Too many changes within a short period.  I don't think the players can gel in that quick enough to perform this season.  If Spurs cannot get a 4th spot again they are fucked.

Huge test for AVB.

I'd warmed to Spurs more since Redknapp left and also I now have a relative who's a spurs fan. Used to absolutely hate them even just a few years ago. 

If they stay away from any of our players that I want to keep like Ben Arfa then I could tolerate them doing well and getting top 4 this season. Especially as I've grown to really dislike Arsenal recently.

Spurs are fucking incredible. Fucking hell.

Absolutely worth selling Bale, to get in Paulinho, Soldado, Eriksen, Lamela, Chadli and Capoue.

I mean fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck me!

I absolutely love Erik Lamela, perfect time to bring him in when he's just starting to get in the Argentina squad too, plenty of hunger for him too keep his place and go to Brazil in the summer.

No reason he genuinely can't be one of the best players in the world nevermind the league.

Used to hate Spurs but they'll be lovely to watch this season. :(

Don't think we'll be that lovely to watch, because that's not really AVB's style, but hopefully we'll be effective. If we keep on winning 1-0 that's fine by me.

They deserved to get the 4th spot instead of the derisory gunners

I still expect the Arse to spend a shit-ton of money. It's not as if they don't have it available, or don't have a real need to spend.

It's actually shaping up to be a real battle at the top of the league, because a couple of specific injuries can screw everything up. Just look at City at the back without Kompany. Chelsea look like being dour but effective, but Man U are very reliant on RVP, and we'd struggle bigtime if Soldado got injured. Liverpool will be there or thereabouts, and Everton could do well if there is Fellaini money to spend.

Tbf to City they wasn''t just without Kompany they was without Nastastic as well who was arguably better than Kompany last season.

Get them back fit, add to that Demicheles supposed signing i doubt they will look that weak at the back all season.

Tbf to City they wasn''t just without Kompany they was without Nastastic as well who was arguably better than Kompany last season.

Get them back fit, add to that Demicheles supposed signing i doubt they will look that weak at the back all season.

Yeah, fair play. Can't see past City or Chelsea this year tbh.