Barcelona win Champions League Final 10/11

Taylor Swift
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

No he's right, if for example Gerrard and Carragher did that stunt with a picture of Jose Enrique.. it wouldn't go down well on here.

That's not even factoring Barcelona's public pursuit of Fabregas.

Bit different when Pique/Puyol are both Spanish and mates with Cesc.

I don't honestly think that makes a difference at all. 

I'm just simply saying if Fabregas was our player or if we were in a similar situation with any of our own, we wouldn't like it at all.

http://cache4.asset-cache.net/xc/114725396.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF87892140FEB0FF7845C57D52578D053978E8D85B34AEB8FA7E7928467D38E76973EA73E30A760B0D811297

Octopus Iker looks at two boxes decorated with crests by the Manchester United and Barcelona football teams on May 26 , 2011 at the SeaLife Aquarium in Benalmadena, Malaga, before predicting the winner of the final match of the UEFA Champions league in London on May 28. Iker, a Pacific octopus of 16 kgs predicted Manchester United will win the match. AFP PHOTO / JORGE GUERRERO (Photo credit should read Jorge Guerrero/AFP/Getty Images)

:frantic:

I must admit I don't understand the Barca hate. If you don't enjoy the style they play the game there's something massively wrong. I realise they have their fair share of fan boys but at the same time it's diffiuclt not to admire them. They're the best side on the planet to watch bar none.

As for the diving/cheating accusations, people really need to get over it. The Barca/Real games brought out the very worse of both sides and continental football, it was bad for the game but some seem to have lost sight of the fact both were as bad as the other. Frankly, I don't condone it but it's part of the European game, people kicking up a fuss about about Barca would be horrified if they watched a handful of Sarie A games. I'm not a massive fan of Mascherano, Busquets or Pedro but I find the side as a whole are so great to watch I can deal with it when it happens on the rare occasion.

Barca cheat week in week out! they do more ref baiting than any Man U team and get some outrageous decisions just cos' they're Barca. Can't stand them, add in to the mix that my father in law and brother in law are from opposite end of the country but still support Barca (glory hunter tw**s) and you have a team that here in spain is reviled as much as Man U at home and has a similar kind of supporter plus a kind of "scottish nacionalist" separation twang to them (they are known to be tight fisted tw**ts just like the scots also!!).

I also want to point out that the Spanish think their league is light years ahead of ours and don't understand anything, and I mean ANYTHING, about the word Fair-play. Sly is the word I would use for these gypos, they would probably use "picardia" as they think it's acceptable...

Rant over...

Come on the manks (vomits!)...

Barca do have some detestable qualities, but the football they play is enough to eclipse all of them IMO. Never seen such beautiful and perfect football.

Respect your opinion, but couldn't disagree more on both fronts!

Prefer quicker, more lethal attacking football.

I hope Barca win by the most foul & cheating means possible preferably with a goal in the 5th minute of stoppage time which is punched in by Busquets from a FK won by a Dani Alves dive and scream even though only 3 minutes were held up.

I hope Barca win by the most foul & cheating means possible preferably with a goal in the 5th minute of stoppage time which is punched in by Busquets from a FK won by a Dani Alves dive and scream even though only 3 minutes were held up.

You're scaring me, Disco.

Porquoi? Until they won the league I'd forgotten how much I despise Man United. And since according to the ill informed all Barca do is cheat these days they might as well win in the most cheating way possible.

Porquoi? Until they won the league I'd forgotten how much I despise Man United. And since according to the ill informed all Barca do is cheat these days they might as well win in the most cheating way possible.

I'm unsure whether I've already typed the above Dream Scenario out on this forum, but that is precisely the outcome I want. It's more or less the only just outcome!

Man Utd - insufferable fans suffer

Barcelona - rightfully sullied further

Hopefully we'll see an early Barcelona goal. Then Man Utd will have to give it a go.

I can see them possibly nicking this, as they were totally outclassed two years ago, and I can't see Ferguson letting that happen again.

Hopefully we'll see an early Barcelona goal. Then Man Utd will have to give it a go.

I can see them possibly nicking this, as they were totally outclassed two years ago, and I can't see Ferguson letting that happen again.

This.  :thup:

Slight penchant for ManU, but if Barca play the right way it would be class to see Messi cap off a great season.

Just hope we see an exciting game with a clash of styles and that the bullshit levels are knocked down to a minimum.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3601032/Harry-Redknapp-says-he-would-sign-Lionel-Messi-ahead-of-Wayne-Rooney.html

Messi looks like he should be in the bookies having a fag ... but I would still sign him ahead of Rooney

HARRY REDKNAPP - Columnist

Email the author

Published: Today

Add a comment (78)

THE stage is set for Lionel Messi and Wayne Rooney to make Saturday's Champions League final an all-time classic.

As a manager, it's almost impossible to decide who you would have in your team IF you could buy only one of them.

But it's the kind of dilemma I would love to have as we are dealing with two of the game's best-ever players.

They look totally different yet are surprisingly similar.

Both can open up a defence with one turn of a boot and each is a great passer of the ball, even though they play different styles.

A mate of mine said to me the other day, after watching Messi destroy a team on his own, that the Argentine looks like the sort of bloke you'd find sitting in a bookies in the afternoon, smoking a fag and betting on horses.

He's a skinny runt who looks nothing like a modern-day footballer really.

He has funny little legs that move awkwardly when he runs and if he turned up at your club as a 16-year-old, you'd send him away with a pat on the head and tell him he'd no chance of making it.

But what I really admire about little Leo is that he has shown you don't have to be 6ft tall with a six pack to make it in football, even these days.

Some of the best players of all time were little blokes. George Best wasn't overly tall and he was slightly built. Look at the great Leeds side with Billy Bremner - or what about Celtic wing wizard Jimmy Johnstone?

Look at Luka Modric in my team, a fantastic player who is an integral part of Spurs.

You can't kick Messi out of a game as he rides tackles like a thoroughbred horse. The lad is surprisingly strong and can turn a game with his incredible acceleration or lightning-quick short passing movements, before applying a world-class finish.

Argentina legend Ossie Ardiles insists Barcelona's Messi is better than fellow countryman Diego Maradona and that's some verdict, as Maradona was a genius.

But it's hard to find a weakness in Messi's game and I guess the only aspect of his play which is not so strong is his heading.

Still, he doesn't appear to have struggled, having hit 49 goals this season compared to Rooney's 15.

Like Messi, Rooney still has a schoolboy enthusiasm for football. David Moyes, his old boss at Everton, told me how, as a teenager, Wayne would often go over the park for a kickabout with his mates AFTER training.

Managers can always tell how much energy a player is putting into his game and both these players give everything. Watch them, particularly when they lose the ball. There'll be no standing still, hands on hips.

<a href="http://www.coveritlive.com/mobile.php/option=com_mobile/task=viewaltcast/altcast_code=71d18af8bc" >Football Confidential Live - Friday May 27</a>

They will chase back like eager puppies, almost as if it was a personal insult to have been tackled in the first place.

For me, Messi is undoubtedly the No 1 player in the world. Real Madrid's Cristiano Ronaldo is No 2 but Rooney is definitely in the top 10, even though this may not have been his best season for Manchester United.

I love the way Rooney is so strong. If he comes off injured, you know it must be bad because he is so desperate to play.

He heads the ball far better than Messi even though he is not the tallest around. And, like Alan Shearer, you won't find many defenders winning the physical battle against Wayne.

Like Messi, he can turn a match in one instant. Look at that overhead kick against Manchester City at Old Trafford this season. Incredible stuff.

If you had to pick a flaw in Rooney it would be a mental one rather than a physical one, as he can get a bit carried away.

We have seen examples of that this year, such as when he swore at TV cameras during United's win at West Ham - only to apologise after the game.

But that aggression has to be channelled to get the best out of him and he will need to stay in control on Saturday.

If, by some miracle, my chairman Daniel Levy told me I could sign one of these two for Tottenham this summer it would take a long time to decide - once I'd picked myself up off the floor!

But I think I'd go for Messi because he is simply the best player in the world.

I also believe Barca will win 2-1, as much as I hope I'm wrong.

United may have the best boss in the world but they will be up against the world's best team.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3601032/Harry-Redknapp-says-he-would-sign-Lionel-Messi-ahead-of-Wayne-Rooney.html#ixzz1NUnlqcFY

:facepalm:

at the mere fact that Redknapp would even consider comparing them .