Gervinho

Dave

He looked good in parts but on more than one occasion he messed up a decent situation. Will improve as he gets used to the league and the team.

More generally, Arsenal looked like Arsenal. No change. Just confirmed what a struggle it'll be for them this season (by their standards).

Could that be seen as a frivolous appeal and he'll get an extra game?

Not going to lie, I think "The Joey Barton Factor" may work in our favour :lol:

Yeah, more than likely = joke.  No matter what and who, he raised his hands, you can't do that.

Not entirely sure what Arsenal are going to get out of an appeal.  I mean OBVIOUSLY it's not going to be successful.  Their guy slapping Barton in the face in clear view of the referee and several TV cameras :lol: :lol:

Are they just trying to delay the ban - is that what will happen?  Hope the FA give him an extra game on top. 

Not entirely sure what Arsenal are going to get out of an appeal.  I mean OBVIOUSLY it's not going to be successful.  Their guy slapping Barton in the face in clear view of the referee and several TV cameras :lol: :lol:

Are they just trying to delay the ban - is that what will happen?  Hope the FA give him an extra game on top. 

Nope. Is always settled before the team in question's next league game.

on what possible grounds can they appeal?

other than Joey Barton started it

On the grounds that Gervinho was merely removing a speck of dust from Joey's brow, after Joey had kindly helped him up earlier.

on what possible grounds can they appeal?

other than Joey Barton started it

On the grounds that Gervinho was merely removing a speck of dust from Joey's brow, after Joey had kindly helped him up earlier.

There was a mosquito on Barton's cheek, just about to have a bite. Just helping a fellow professional by giving it a slap, tbh.

Actually, this Gervinho seems a bit of a nutter? 

First game and he's already slapping people and throwing himself to the floor to try and cheat Arsenal to victory.

Might have a new bad boy lads.

We are appealing the red...

Just don't. He raised his hands you know the rules.

This is the rule:

A player is guilty of violent conduct if he uses excessive force or brutality against an opponent when not challenging for the ball. 

Andy Gray et al started saying 'raise your hands and your off' but it isn't actually the rule. Referees consistently interpret it that way though. I doubt its worth an appeal but doubt its frivolous either

This is the rule:

A player is guilty of violent conduct if he uses excessive force or brutality against an opponent when not challenging for the ball. 

Andy Gray et al started saying 'raise your hands and your off' but it isn't actually the rule. Referees consistently interpret it that way though. I doubt its worth an appeal but doubt its frivolous either

So if violent conduct = red, it begs the question as to why Barton wasn't sent off.

I don't agree, fwiw, that either player did anything particularly nasty - it wasn't like Song's. But using this definition, if one goes, surely the other has to?

This is the rule:

So if violent conduct = red, it begs the question as to why Barton wasn't sent off.

I don't agree, fwiw, that either player did anything particularly nasty - it wasn't like Song's. But using this definition, if one goes, surely the other has to?

yes I'd say with that (though some saying he grabbed his throat when it was clearly his shirt), a yellow each would probably have been fair

odd Barton wasn't sent off though given he's Barton

This is the rule:

That you Arsene? ;)

yeah you'd suspect that Arsenal will make that point during their appeal. Nothing further can happen to Barton though as he was given a yellow on the spot