Gervinho

Dave

totally wrong about this guy - just shite.

Same here. Thought he was going to be a bit like Ljungberg was for them.

I thought he started well and whenever he didn't play, Arsenal looked toothless. Since the ANC, he's been shite but I think he'll improve next season and be one of their most important players. He's a good dribbler, makes good runs and is very positive - his finishing is shit and his decision-making isn't the best, but both things can be improved.

Guest Howaythetoon

He needs to play week in week out, that's why a lot of talented Arsenal players struggle to shine consistently because they are rotated too often or played all over the place. Plus he's not an Arsenal player, Wenger likes his one-twos and tippy tappy give and go players not your ball carrying direct runners like Gervinho.

Arsenal are a great club, play great football and Wenger is a superb manager/coach but why would any talented individual sign for them I do wonder given the number of individuals over the years who have signed for them and not made any real impact due to being moved about or rotated a lot.

I bet Gervinho would rather be playing for wor lot at the moment than Arsenal and had he opted for us, he'd probably be one of the stars of our team and indeed the league.

Look at Oxlaid-Chamberlain, I know he's young but how can he not get a regular start in that Arsenal side when the likes of Rosiky can?

Rosicky's been in great form since the he signed his contract tbf.

Exactly, he's been one of the reasons the performances of Arsenal have improved and plus Oxlade isnt ready......

I thought that was clear when he played us and looked like a lost puppy all night against Simpson.

He has talent yh but theres more to starting for a top club than pure talent.

He needs to play week in week out, that's why a lot of talented Arsenal players struggle to shine consistently because they are rotated too often or played all over the place. Plus he's not an Arsenal player, Wenger likes his one-twos and tippy tappy give and go players not your ball carrying direct runners like Gervinho.

Arsenal are a great club, play great football and Wenger is a superb manager/coach but why would any talented individual sign for them I do wonder given the number of individuals over the years who have signed for them and not made any real impact due to being moved about or rotated a lot.

I bet Gervinho would rather be playing for wor lot at the moment than Arsenal and had he opted for us, he'd probably be one of the stars of our team and indeed the league.

Look at Oxlaid-Chamberlain, I know he's young but how can he not get a regular start in that Arsenal side when the likes of Rosiky can?

This is a load of bs. Arsenal produce superstars. Why would you sign for them? Look how Henry, Vieira, Van Persie, Pires, Cole, Fabregas, heck even Walcott has improved etc. improved whilst at the club. Even Flamini, Adebayor & Hleb improved to the point Europe's elite signed them.

Chamberlain's a very young lad, his time will come.

Rosicky has been very good too.

If there's any side a young lad should join it's Arsenal. You get taught how to play football the right way and you know if your good enough, you will play.

• 1 year later...

Linked again.. A decent option? 10m seems a lot for someone that has failed to shine at arsenal. Think he would be great option if the price is right. Still would need another striker though.

http://gunnersphere.com/2013/06/view-from-the-sphere/newcastle-close-in-on-out-of-favour-gunner?

Click on the Northern Echo link they use and then look at the date :lol:

If he was actually a target then yes i would, but its clear people getting confused and there is no actual report with regards to renewed interest.

Would imagine if it's true that he was too busy fucking around on his phone to have a proper discussion the first time around then we'd never go in for him again.

I'd imagine that he wouldn't cost £10m this time round would weigh heavier on their minds.

This, "not the right character", is a bit of a cheap excuse n all IMO.

Linked again.. A decent option? 10m seems a lot for someone that has failed to shine at arsenal. Think he would be great option if the price is right. Still would need another striker though.

http://gunnersphere.com/2013/06/view-from-the-sphere/newcastle-close-in-on-out-of-favour-gunner?

Click on the Northern Echo link they use and then look at the date :lol:

If he was actually a target then yes i would, but its clear people getting confused and there is no actual report with regards to renewed interest.