Gervinho

Dave

This drink p*ss stuff is so rubbish. No one will actually drink p*ss. Why don't you just bet money on it and have forfeits people won't welch on!

I'm prepared to meet independent N-O adjudicators in a bar in May and watch Gash drink piss when Gervinflop has carried on being shite all season.

Guest icemanblue

I'm glad we didn't sign him. I don't think I could stomach looking at that forehead every week. Genuinely unsettling.

This drink piss stuff is so rubbish. No one will actually drink piss. Why don't you just bet money on it and have forfeits people won't welch on!

I'd drink piss if I'd said I would, which is why I don't say such silly things.

• 7 months later...

Probably worth a thread by now.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1391652/Newcastle-wait-15m-Gervinho-Pardew-prepares-fantastic-offer-Enrique.html

Newcastle wait on £15m Gervinho as Pardew prepares fantastic offer for Enrique

By Sportsmail Reporter

Last updated at 11:28 PM on 27th May 2011

Newcastle manager Alan Pardew expects a decision on Gervinho's future next weekend.

The Toon boss met the £15million-rated Lille striker, 24, last week but he faces competition from Arsenal and Liverpool.

Gervinho wants to make a decision on his future after the Ivory Coast's Africa Cup of Nations qualifier against Benin on June 5. He would prefer Champions League football next season after helping Lille to their first French title in 57 years this month.

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2011/05/27/joey-barton-will-be-in-alan-pardew-s-squad-61634-28772916/

Despite concerns over Barton and José Enríque (also out of contract in 2012) and ongoing negotiations with Nolan, Pardew hopes to lighten the mood with a quick signing.

“We’ve given a player a deadline this week,” he said. “We think that’s 60-40 in our favour.”

Thoughts?

A pleasant disappointment, this season at least.

Was pleased we didn't sign him after seeing a handful of performances. Don't think he's ever going to be a class player, far too many basic weaknesses in the same mould as Obertan

He plays nothing like Obertan.

To me, he just looks like an expensive version of Obertan. All pace but no end product (or rather a lack of football brain).

Could still improve but as it stands, he hasn't done enough to justify his price tag.

Was pleased we didn't sign him after seeing a handful of performances. Don't think he's ever going to be a class player, far too many basic weaknesses in the same mould as Obertan

He plays nothing like Obertan.

His weaknesses are the same as obertan, has pace to burn but spurns his opportunities. Often plays the wrong the ball inexplicably and his final delivery is really poor. They're similar in those ways. Essentially, their main use to their respective teams is to break quickly and deliver a final ball, they both fail aain and again at this

From his wiki page

Gervais Lombe Yao Kouassi (born 27 May 1987), better known as Gervinho, is an Ivorian footballer who plays as a forward or winger for English Premier League club Arsenal. He is known for his pace, finishing and forehead.

Guest bimpy474

From his wiki page

Gervais Lombe Yao Kouassi (born 27 May 1987), better known as Gervinho, is an Ivorian footballer who plays as a forward or winger for English Premier League club Arsenal. He is known for his pace, finishing and forehead.

He really is Spamming material, i'd just have to.