Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

Guest chicken little

Went to the police station on our street to hand in something one of them had lost, and the bloke on the desk was the absolute spit of Cabaye. I was putty in his filthy pig hands.

Now that's what you call a shite anecdote.

Been in fantastic form since that 2nd half at Everton. He and Tiote looked back to 2 years ago today. Tiote would crunch someone then simply leave it for Cabaye who would take over. The way it should be and hope it continues.

Guest icemanblue

Playing for a move or not, he's massive for us this season. If he plays well, we generally do too. Such a hit that, man. Reckon I'd cry if I ever hit a ball like that.

We so need France to win their play-off to keep our French players motivated for the whole season.

That's what I thought the other day. If France miss out on the World Cup, then what do our players have to work towards this season? A move away?

Meh, best not to think about it for now I think.

On another note, Cabaye was immense today - he didn't stop running and never gave up the cause. He and Tiote controlled the midfield rather effectively (for the first 40 minutes anyway) and what a goal, although we all know he is very capable of goals like those :snod:

Long may this form continue.

Guest Howaythetoon

He's very good when he can play his own game, which is about getting on the ball, spraying it about, driving forward, and getting shots off. It helps his game and indeed ours when he's playing much further forward which he seems to be doing this season.

His goal is not being talked about much like, was an incredible strike.

Yeah - very strange.  Was a cracker.

Had Stevie G scored it at the other end Ian Darke would have batted himself off in the commentary box.

Guest bimpy474

It was very well hit but the keeper has to do much better.

It really moved like a fecker tbf to Josef Mengele, like a balloon in hurricane.

It was very well hit but the keeper has to do much better.

Think it was a really awkward one for the keeper, didn't see it til late and then the dip and bounce made it really difficult.