Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

Jesus he's not rumoured to be going to Liverpool is he? Cabs pulling the strings for Sterling, Coutinho & Sturridge :anguish:

Know something the rest of the world doesn't?

Huh? TCD mentioned Liverpool so I'm asking if he's being mentioned as a target for them....

Jesus he's not rumoured to be going to Liverpool is he? Cabs pulling the strings for Sterling, Coutinho & Sturridge :anguish:

Know something the rest of the world doesn't?

Huh? TCD mentioned Liverpool so I'm asking if he's being mentioned as a target for them....

Oh no. I just meant apart from Liverpool, I would only expect midtable teams to be bring him and be guaranteed first team football.

• 2 weeks later...

It would have been the two and a half years of standing in the centre of the pitch, staring up into the sky as ball went flying over his head, that should kill any deal with Pardew involved. If he goes to Palace he's definitely bumming Debuchy, it's the only possible explanation.

Absolutely sickening if he goes there.

Anyone but them ffs. Or the mackems.

I'll be quite happy with it. Nothing could demonstrate Pardew's confused football philosophy more aptly. He's set to repeat his mistakes here, inherit a team that is set up to play long ball, then tinker about with it so it's neither this nor that.

He probably knows Pardew is giddy like a fucking school girl over Cabaye and will play him no matter what, and Cabaye will be in London and able to hang with his pal Debuchy all the time. I've no doubt if we wanted him again he'd come back over Palace knowing he'd be playing with Moussa and Remy Cabella he's going to be near his French friends again.

He probably knows Pardew is giddy like a fucking school girl over Cabaye and will play him no matter what, and Cabaye will be in London and able to hang with his pal Debuchy all the time. I've no doubt if we wanted him again he'd come back over Palace knowing he'd be playing with Moussa and Remy Cabella he's going to be near his French friends again.

He'd be fucking loony to come back to NUFC.

He'd be fucking loony to come back to NUFC.

Why? I would see us as a way more attractive club for a guy trying to get into the French squad than Crystal Palace