Yohan Cabaye retires

He probably knows Pardew is giddy like a fucking school girl over Cabaye and will play him no matter what, and Cabaye will be in London and able to hang with his pal Debuchy all the time. I've no doubt if we wanted him again he'd come back over Palace knowing he'd be playing with Moussa and Remy Cabella he's going to be near his French friends again.

He'd be fucking loony to come back to NUFC.

Why? I would see us as a way more attractive club for a guy trying to get into the French squad than Crystal Palace

Palace will finish above NUFC next season.

He probably knows Pardew is giddy like a fucking school girl over Cabaye and will play him no matter what, and Cabaye will be in London and able to hang with his pal Debuchy all the time. I've no doubt if we wanted him again he'd come back over Palace knowing he'd be playing with Moussa and Remy Cabella he's going to be near his French friends again.

He'd be fucking loony to come back to NUFC.

Why? I would see us as a way more attractive club for a guy trying to get into the French squad than Crystal Palace

Palace will finish above NUFC next season.

Probably true. It's ok though because Mike said he would, "continue to invest".

Cabaye's first two years here were mixed, with an excellent final 6 months. Now 29, after plenty of bench time, I can see why no-one better bothered to get him.

He's good but not THAT good. It still hurts on a personal level, though - why would he pick that snake Pardew?

Probably because he's not the evil villain perceived.

A terrible coach but almost certainly, "one of the lads". I can see a lot of players falling for his bullshit.

He completely understand what's going on with this club and what Ashley is doing.  Is that a surprise that he choose Palace over us?

Theres absolutely no doubt that we weren't in for him. High wages and no sell on value, no chance.

Palace are going to be total guff, as Pardew teams always are after the first 6 months or so. Whoever is advising Cabaye needs sacking, he should be doing better than both Palace and Newcastle, joke clubs.

I think he thinks nothing of Pardew. But is a typical jaded athlete who is putting 1 and 1 together --- when he played for Newcastle (Pardew) he was a regular in France and was regarding in the top of their team sheet in order of players picked. He was playing the best football of his career and was given the leading role behind the scenes (from all accounts) and will assume that is what he'll get if he plays for Newcastle (Pardew) again. Seemingly we are not interested (shame!!!!!) but he'll go play for Pardew if that means he is gtd to start every single week despite dips in form and he's thinking he'll automatically get back into the France team.

I think he thinks nothing of Pardew. But is a typical jaded athlete who is putting 1 and 1 together --- when he played for Newcastle (Pardew) he was a regular in France and was regarding in the top of their team sheet in order of players picked. He was playing the best football of his career and was given the leading role behind the scenes (from all accounts) and will assume that is what he'll get if he plays for Newcastle (Pardew) again. Seemingly we are not interested (shame!!!!!) but he'll go play for Pardew if that means he is gtd to start every single week despite dips in form and he's thinking he'll automatically get back into the France team.

Bang on :thup:

He knows that Pardew is besotted with him and he will get whatever he wants off Pardew.  He is desperate to find his form again to get back into the French team and perhaps even squad.  He will get the game time and Pardew will build the team around him.  The problem with that is Pardew will only be focussing on Cabaye and if he loses him to injury, the whole thing will fall apart because it will be all about one player.

Of all the clubs though ...

Can imagine Pardew's ego exploding if he gets him and I am sure he will not miss an opportunity to tell people that Cabaye signed because of him - rather than it being the last resort for Cabaye as no-one else seems to be interested.

Hope this is all a bit premature and that he goes elsewhere.  Gutted it won't be us especially as he was offered to us.

He completely understand what's going on with this club and what Ashley is doing.  Is that a surprise that he choose Palace over us?

He's not choosing Palace over us, we aren't interested. Neither are any other more glamorous clubs by the looks of it if he's going to end up at Palace.

Southampton would be a much better choice for him, arguably tho backwards for them in a way, going from a developing young player to an old one who isn't likely to get better, however would be a very good signing

Rumours or not, I'd be very surprised if he goes to Palace.  His agent's doing a shite job if he can't do better than that for him.

right before the euros (on home soil no less) its almost the ideal move, play every week in a high profile league and working with someone who he worked well with before. Throw in London factor and he'll get a nicely sized wage packet and what has he to complain about?