Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

Did he celebrate with the players at the end? The one shot I saw of him showed him zipping his coat up and heading towards the tunnel.

He kicked Anita in the face then pissed on Steve Stone before snapping a Magpies neck.

But seriously, what are you trying to get at here? Didn't he look slightly happy when he scored?

Speed wasnt being linked to the top teams when he was witn us so you'll never know what he would have done.

Was that not because we were one of the big clubs during the majority of his spell with us?...

If by some miracle we get a top four finish do you think he will stay? he looks as focused as I have ever seen him and I don't think that shop window playing for himself focus but wanting us to win every game focus.

Will be a huge miss next week.

If by some miracle we get a top four finish do you think he will stay? he looks as focused as I have ever seen him and I don't think that shop window playing for himself focus but wanting us to win every game focus.

Will be a huge miss next week.

I reckon his long-term plans are to leave, but he'd surely be tempted to stick around if we made it into the Champions League.

As it stands right now, I'm comfortable with the idea of him leaving providing he continues to be the consummate professional and excellent player we've seen so far this season. Talking in pipe-dream terms, if he was instrumental in us getting back into Europe and left, I think/you'd hope he would leave as a bit of a cult hero as opposed to a judas cunt, or whatever. "Thanks and good luck" as opposed to "fuck off, then".

Did he celebrate with the players at the end? The one shot I saw of him showed him zipping his coat up and heading towards the tunnel.

He kicked Anita in the face then p*ssed on Steve Stone before snapping a Magpies neck.

But seriously, what are you trying to get at here? Didn't he look slightly happy when he scored?

Wanted to know if he'd celebrated with the fans. Little things.

Guest Howaythetoon

Btw I didn't intend to compare Cabaye with Speed with my comments, I just think Cabaye is the best CM we've had since Lee. Speed would be for me the 3rd best now. That's some trio though, all different but all top-class.

Another player Alan Pardew might have lost earlier in the season but managed to persuade to stay. Now here's a question, do Manchester United buy Cabaye for £10m or Marouane Fellaini for £27.5m? Both were available in the summer. I must say Cabaye strikes me more of a Manchester United player than Fellaini but David Moyes clearly knows best.

Another interview in the French press today (obviously not in Dublin), saying he was on the verge of signing for Aston Villa but then Houllier left and he came here. I know it's pretty old news but didn't realise he was that close to going there.

He's said that a few times when asked.