Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

Well that thread certainly blows apart any sense that we still have a decent reputation in Europe!

"It's a real shame to see him leave for that kind of club"

"Living in Newcastle will be horrible"

Our reputation amongst players must be quite high if the regular starter for the French league champions is prepared to turn his back on Champions League football to sign for us.

Well that thread certainly blows apart any sense that we still have a decent reputation in Europe!

to be fair i've known many from the south say that, till they get here and change their mind.

Remember the sudden bouts of depression from everyone on here when Ben Arfa scored that goal for France?  :laugh:

Who was the black guy that played for France and scored 2 while we were linked with him?

Remember the sudden bouts of depression from everyone on here when Ben Arfa scored that goal for France?  :laugh:

Who was the black guy that played for France and scored 2 while we were linked with him?

Bafetimbi Gomis.

@MsiDouglas Mark Douglas

@Medaking It's legit. Been sitting on it since Thursday! Few hammered me last week over 'international midfielder' line.. Let's see, eh?

Guest Heneage

I would imagine this is the international midfielder. Another one out of the blue from the club.

Guest elbee909

Less dogshit than Paris at least.

Our reputation amongst players must be quite high if the regular starter for the French league champions is prepared to turn his back on Champions League football to sign for us.

To be fair, we are willing to give them chances to shine, and once they are proven in EPL they could join mega clubs within 2 years.  That's quite lucrative.

To be fair, we are willing to give them chances to shine, and once they are proven in EPL they could join mega clubs within 2 years.  That's quite lucrative.

I think this really is the main thing.  We give them the ability to have a starring role in a mid-table team in the most-watched league in the world.

Surely you would get that chance playing in the Champions League though.

With Tiote being a French speaker and Ben Arfa as well, I'm loving this going French policy.

We might as well just go over to France and play our stuff.

E-i-e-i-e-i-e-i o,

Across too france we go,

And when we we win the Ligue 1, this is what we'll sing,

Allons enfants de la Patrie, Arise,

Le jour de gloire est arrivé !

Contre nous de la tyrannie,

L'étendard sanglant est levé,

Entendez-vous dans les campagnes

Mugir ces féroces soldats ?

Ils viennent jusque dans vos bras

Égorger vos fils et vos compagnes !

Guest toonlass

Where is mimi?  I'd love to hear what she thinks.

In Hebburn, installing a boiler while eating a Yorkie and drinking Boddingtons.

With Tiote being a French speaker and Ben Arfa as well, I'm loving this going French policy.

When the book http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51SV0QT6YZL._SL500_AA300_.jpg came out we had signed more French players than Arsenal in PL history.  Since then we have signed Ngo, Bassong, Zog, Moyo & host more so us signing French players is  really nothing new. France like Holland is a European hub for exporting players to the big four leagues 4 leagues of Europe so like most clubs you end up shopping there.