Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

Going back to Cabaye I can't wait to see him later in the season, with him still learning the league and picking up the pace / nuances of the English game he is surely only going to get better. Absolutely fabulous player, says all the right things off the pitch too. Once his English picks up, he'd be my vice captain.

Best player on the pitch today. His defensive work was superb.

Agreed, he covered every blade of grass and never gave up, he's class.

Absolutely. Forgot to mention the pass too, gorgeous.

Really poor corners and free kicks today.

Admittedly this was so apart from his free kick for Colo's chance. Still a few great balls from him, like that one to Best which led to Ba's chance hitting the post. Will be a miss on Wednesday but like Disco said, he could do with a rest.

Weirdly I think we would have won today with Raylor on the pitch taking Free kicks and corners instead of Cabaye.

Taylor never takes the corners. I cant think of too many freekicks we had in which Taylor would of had a pop, other than the one in the first 5 when Cabaye went close.

He looks too eager to make the first time pass. When he gets used to the pace of the game then he'll take more touches and be much more effective. I like him a lot and so far he's been one of our best players. He clearly is an excellent passer and his work rate is very underrated. The opposition midfield hardly have any time on the ball when him and Tiote are in the middle, and that's the been the case since the start of the season.