Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

He talks about the great influence the Newcastle fans had during the season, in general. He was impressed by the support showed here (comparing it to France, where you don't generally get more than +15,000 people at a match) and the great atmosphere during matches (best in the UK).

:smitten:

This'll go down like a s*** sarnie but some of his behaviour this season has been diabolical. Unlike Tiote who picks up yellows for the cause, Cabaye will get them for petulance, nasty tackles and childish behaviour. It's certainly something that doesn't need to be in his game and certainly something i'd like to see less of next season.

Thing is, it's generally always in the same games he loses his temper: ones where he can't get involved and gets completely bullied out of it.

He's gonna have to reconcile himself to the fact that he's playing in a big boys league with bigger, better athletes than in France and it'll happen.

PhysioRoom.com Ltd ‏@physioroom

#Cabaye targeting a good start against England, the MID believes his EPL experience 'will help him do the right things with the French Team'

Sounds like England is going down :frantic:

Guest elbee909

#Cabaye targeting a good start against England, the MID believes his EPL experience 'will help him do the right things with the French Team'

Good.  I'd support a team with Cabaye in against England, the bunch of unlikeable twats that they are.

This'll go down like a s*** sarnie but some of his behaviour this season has been diabolical. Unlike Tiote who picks up yellows for the cause, Cabaye will get them for petulance, nasty tackles and childish behaviour. It's certainly something that doesn't need to be in his game and certainly something i'd like to see less of next season.

Thing is, it's generally always in the same games he loses his temper: ones where he can't get involved and gets completely bullied out of it.

He's gonna have to reconcile himself to the fact that he's playing in a big boys league with bigger, better athletes than in France and it'll happen.

I wouldn't say he gets completely bullied out of it, it's more to do with the fact the 4-4-2 doesn't see him get enough of the ball where he is best with it, which leads to obvious frustration.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/252578/Yohan-Cabaye-will-rice-to-the-occasion/?

YOHAN CABAYE WILL RICE TO THE OCCASION

NEWCASTLE midfielder Yohan Cabaye is warming up for his Euro 2012 showdown with England by tucking into rice pudding and jam.

The France international has become hooked on the dish – a Tyneside delicacy – since joining the Toon. And so it will be on the menu as he gets ready to help France tackle Roy ­Hodgson’s men in Donetsk on June 11. Cabaye, 26, has been a big hit since joining Newcastle from Lille last summer. And he has had no problem adapting to the local grub.

The playmaker has given ­Newcastle Brown Ale a miss – but loves nothing more than knocking back a bowl of rice pudding. He said: “There aren’t too many local specialities in ­Newcastle, but I love rice pudding – in fact I adore it. They make it at the training centre on the day before matches and I’ll mix it with strawberry jam – perfect. It is carnage! I’ll have the occasional drink, but very rarely, and I’ll only allow myself to have one during the summer."

“Besides, whisky and beer are the specialities round here – and I’m not a fan of them at all.” Cabaye admits he has struggled to understand the Geordie lingo. And he finds it strange driving on the left – as opposed to the right, as they do in France – but loves the North East. He added: “I’m not ­completely bilingual but I get by OK. But when I first arrived I could not speak English and also some people in the North East have a very strong accent."

“I asked Demba Ba for help. He speaks English very well, and luckily I was not the only French speaker at the club. It was a change for me to drive on the left. I brought over a French car with left-hand drive and in the beginning I was copying what the cars in front were doing. I need to look everywhere at crossings and pay that bit more attention than before.”

Cabaye is joined in the France squad by Toon team-mate Hatem Ben Arfa, who has not played for his country since breaking his leg in October 2010.

Rice pudding....it is carnage!  :laugh:

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/252578/Yohan-Cabaye-will-rice-to-the-occasion/?

YOHAN CABAYE WILL RICE TO THE OCCASION

NEWCASTLE midfielder Yohan Cabaye is warming up for his Euro 2012 showdown with England by tucking into rice pudding and jam.

The France international has become hooked on the dish – a Tyneside delicacy – since joining the Toon. And so it will be on the menu as he gets ready to help France tackle Roy ­Hodgson’s men in Donetsk on June 11. Cabaye, 26, has been a big hit since joining Newcastle from Lille last summer. And he has had no problem adapting to the local grub.

The playmaker has given ­Newcastle Brown Ale a miss – but loves nothing more than knocking back a bowl of rice pudding. He said: “There aren’t too many local specialities in ­Newcastle, but I love rice pudding – in fact I adore it. They make it at the training centre on the day before matches and I’ll mix it with strawberry jam – perfect. It is carnage! I’ll have the occasional drink, but very rarely, and I’ll only allow myself to have one during the summer."

“Besides, whisky and beer are the specialities round here – and I’m not a fan of them at all.” Cabaye admits he has struggled to understand the Geordie lingo. And he finds it strange driving on the left – as opposed to the right, as they do in France – but loves the North East. He added: “I’m not ­completely bilingual but I get by OK. But when I first arrived I could not speak English and also some people in the North East have a very strong accent."

“I asked Demba Ba for help. He speaks English very well, and luckily I was not the only French speaker at the club. It was a change for me to drive on the left. I brought over a French car with left-hand drive and in the beginning I was copying what the cars in front were doing. I need to look everywhere at crossings and pay that bit more attention than before.”

Cabaye is joined in the France squad by Toon team-mate Hatem Ben Arfa, who has not played for his country since breaking his leg in October 2010.

Rice pudding....it is carnage!  :laugh:

:lol:

Cabaye and M'Vila against Parker and Barry. :yao:

There was an interview on a football magazine show in Australia, last night with Tim Cahill. He said that he deeply regrets his actions against Cabaye and fully accepts his 3 match ban. He said what Cabaye said was innapropriate, however Alan Pardew came and spoke to him after the incident and that Pardew is an absolute gentleman.

Cabaye and M'Vila against Parker and Barry. :yao:

Ben Arfa vs Glenn Johnson? :lol:

Guest neesy111

I seem to remember Habib Beye got addicted to the rice pudding from the training ground as well.  Must be a decent chef there.