Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

Am I being whooshed here? We have been singing the 'Dont sell Cabaye' song all season...

I haven't been to a game this season, it's been watching on the internet or on chinese tv with the sound down :D  On my dodgy laptop I can barely hear the crowd, I thought it was 'Yohan Cabaye'  :blush:

Absolutely horrendous season for him. Has looked a shade of the player we had last year. Granted Mbia should have been carded and a foul given but his whining and going over to Redknapp with the ball still in play was outrageous.

Serious mirror looking because he has looked off the pace like much of our squad. Hopefully a new manager will remedy that.

Had a bad season but don't think he's been as poor as some have said, still our engine room at the moment even if he's not been so sharp. Hope he stays and hope a new manager can get him being that complete midfielder he is when on song.

Guest nufc_89

Think Cabaye is the purple player most likely to leave during the summer. Has looked unhappy almost the entierly season except for a few weeks when Debuchy arriverd.

That's why 'Marveaux, Cabaye' by The Beatles and 'Cabaye My Lover' by James Blunt are better fits. They're too perfect to ever catch on though, our fans only know about four basic tunes ;D

Me and Jamie off here sang the beatles one all the way through our 3-1 win at Stoke last season. Got a mention on nufc.com and we thought it might catch on but haven't heard it since.

Cabaye's been pretty awful himself for the most part like.

Well, after February he has, but even when we were playing terribly in the first half of the season he was one of the few playing decently for us. But he seriously needs to step up his game, I hope 1 month rest will help him.

Not until the end in my opinion. He was instrumental in getting us a few results up until the Benfica game. His performance against Chelsea was one of the best we've had this season.

However, they way he's let himself, the club and us down towards the end - him blatantly giving up at West Ham sticks out as the lowest of points - is really upsetting. He's not fit for purpose to lead this club and we suffered under his captaincy.

His main issue has been his fitness and playing deeper than he should. Hopefully with a full off-season he should be able to get back in good shape, I know there's been times where he wasn't going to be playing in certain games but Pardew has made late decisions to play him.

I've got to agree with you there.  Had a dreadful start to the season, which was written off due to tiredness from the Euros and the injury that kept him out at the back end of last year.  He had a few matches on his return where he was looking decent again which made it look this train of thought was correct, but quickly returned to his start of season form.

Whether you can attribute the coaching at the club, depression or he's got his eye on the exit door his form this season has been poor especially from the man alleged to be the captain for a lot of the time.  He's the figurehead that you expected to see drag us through matches but he's appeared to not really want to drag himself onto the pitch the past couple of months.