Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

Wish we would wake up and try and match his ambitions. We will continue to lose players of his ability if we're happy to stagnate outside the relegation zones.

You know that is the case already....

We're absolutely f***ed when he leaves.

Pretty much.

Think about how f---ked we'd be if Man U came in with a double bid for him and Tiote of around 40m....

Ashley would snap their hands off and they would transform Man U's season...

Oh, wait....the move would transform ours too...but 'every player has his prices...innit..??'

We're absolutely f***ed when he leaves.

Pretty much.

Think about how f---ked we'd be if Man U came in with a double bid for him and Tiote of around 40m....

Ashley would snap their hands off and they would transform Man U's season...

Oh, wait....the move would transform ours too...but 'every player has his prices...innit..??'

Ashley and co obviously lack ambition, no doubt.  But this kind of wallowing is just fucking irritating.  We've shown that we don't snap peoples hands off when they bid for our players.  When we have accepted bids for players we don't have to sell (Carroll for instance) we've gotten a ridiculous price and used that money to improve.  Wish they'd show more ambition in bringing players in, but I'm not too worried about us snapping anyones hands off for our players.

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast

Jenas and Woodgate both won the League Cup at Spurs.

Routledge winning League Cup with Swansea last season ?

Emre winning the Turkish League title and Turkish Cup with Fenerbache  :dontknow:

Also I think Viana won a Cup last season with Braga

Pardew was asked a direct question about Cabaye, if he says no comment the media will paint it as he's gone, and if he says he's not for sale, he'll look like a pleb if we do get an insane offer for him and Ashley accepts it.

Pardew: I gave a speech only this morning to the press assuring them that there would not be cutbacks at this club and there certainly wouldn't be sales of top players so...

Ashley: Well, why on Earth would you do that?

Pardew: Why? Oh, don't know. A little word I think's important in management called morale.

Ashley: Well, surely it's going to be worse for morale in the long run when there ARE sales and you've told people that there won't be.

[pause]

Paradew: They won't remember.

I've no worries over him leaving this January, I think the summer he'll be off. We will hopefully have a replacement lined up (haven't seen Cabella to comment) as the writing has been on the wall since the summer that Cabaye wants off.

Carroll - ridiculous offer

Enrique - 12 months left on contract with no chance of renewal, sell and sign Santon

Ba - contract clause

Milner is the only one that I would say we "bit off their hand.  Who else has left of note?  It could be argued that Arsenal are just even more of a "selling club" (Adabayor, K Toure, Nasri, Clichey, Fabregas, Van Persie) than us.

I would not blame Cabaye if he does have the feeling that he wishes to play for a top club, but he should look at the likes of Petit at Barcelona for how it could go (and Barca were shite then).

Or Everton (Rooney, Yakubu, Andy Johnson, Lescott, Fellaini)

Compare Martinez's comments about Barkley the other week. Everyone knows that every player has his price, but f*** me Pardew is relentless with this s*** and it's completely unnecessary.

What bothers me is the message it gives the player, it's not 'we're going to fight to keep you so don't bother agitating for a move' it's 'well if somebody bids for you...'

I love the guy, but he's too good for a club with no ambition. I think if we were actually arsed about challenging/winning silverware he would stay here for a serious chunk of his career, when he first moved he seemed really attached to the project and being the centrepiece of a developing team with a new transfer strategy who had the infrastructure to become a European force. I don't blame him one iota for becoming disillusioned with the fact that a guy of his undoubtable talent (for my money he's in the top 10/20 players in the division; he was in the Guardian top 100 footballers in the world and I absolutely don't think that's a stretch) is at a team which will never develop him to his full potential or allow him to use that talent to contribute to winning anything or going anywhere.

The equivalent would be my employer never striving to make more profit and never trying to develop anyone, with no real structure for moving up the chain. I would become massively disillusioned and be looking for a way out, not because I am a diva or difficult, because I want to be the best I can be.

Seriously, what in the name of holy fuck can Alan Pardew teach this guy about football that will permit him to become one of the best players in Europe, which he has the potential to be?

Guest bimpy474

Compare Martinez's comments about Barkley the other week. Everyone knows that every player has his price, but fuck me Pardew is relentless with this shit and it's completely unnecessary.

Anyone would think Pardew is on commission.