Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

What difference does it make if Ashley gets £15m or £100m for him? Serious question for those transfer experts.

I know what it means to other clubs, but what does it mean to us?

Ashley clearly isn't prepared to put any of his own money into the club, but I'm fairly sure that a percentage of any big fees received will go to buying new players and funding their wages.

Guest VanBarduck

Ongenda looks like he's going to be a talent.

FM legend. We should certainly be looking for player Veratti won't go unfortunately, even though he's almost like for like.

Who ?

It is a catch 22 situation, you need to keep your best players to get in there and likewise they want to play in there. So you have to give them some hope and that is a position that we really need to get ourselves into this year, or definitely next year, or the years beyond.

Might get summoned to London for a bollocking for that.

Well he's clearly a bit narked going by that last paragraph in particular.

http://www.themag.co.uk/the-mag-articles/alan-pardew-cabaye-number-10-role-increased-confidence-value/

Some people don't see the difference between defending the club, and understanding how transfers work tbh. This has happened since transfers have begun, it's hardly f***ing new to football, NUFC, etc.

:lol:  Give over, are you suggesting that people who are against the sale don't understand how transfers work?

I am 100% against the sale of Cabaye and I don't care if he wants away, he has a contract here and would not dare huff if we refused to sell he has a World Cup squad to make.

The offer of say £20m may be what he is worth but like Carroll I would not sell unless the offer way WAY over his worth and offered with plenty of transfer window remaining.

I however do not blame Pardew for any of this at all in any way.

Nice. A new chant for the strawberry corner.

Being pragmatic about the situation I'm resigned to seeing Cabaye leave. It's annoying and frustrating but players come and go all the time, we're going to get a lot of money for him.

The thing that really rankles is the complete disregard for investing the cash we're going to get. Fuck the team, fuck the fact that him going severely weakens us where it matters, lets just make as much as we can and spend as little as we can get away with. Fuck the rest of the season and fuck the fact that after the weekend our next significant match is 6 months away.

The priorities at this football club are so fucked up and backward it's untrue.

Guest VanBarduck

FM legend. We should certainly be looking for player Veratti won't go unfortunately, even though he's almost like for like.

Who ?

Veratti, snappy CM, good passer, bit dirty, more mobile that YoCabs though

Ah, yes, he's also 10 times more talented.

Some people don't see the difference between defending the club, and understanding how transfers work tbh. This has happened since transfers have begun, it's hardly f***ing new to football, NUFC, etc.

:lol:  Give over, are you suggesting that people who are against the sale don't understand how transfers work?

I am 100% against the sale of Cabaye and I don't care if he wants away, he has a contract here and would not dare huff if we refused to sell he has a World Cup squad to make.

The offer of say £20m may be what he is worth but like Carroll I would not sell unless the offer way WAY over his worth and offered with plenty of transfer window remaining.

I however do not blame Pardew for any of this at all in any way.

Nice. A new chant for the strawberry corner.

Alanis Morrisette. "And we're never gonna blame you anywaaaay. I'm so glad Yohan's moving awaaay".

Being pragmatic about the situation I'm resigned to seeing Cabaye leave. It's annoying and frustrating but players come and go all the time, we're going to get a lot of money for him.

The thing that really rankles is the complete disregard for investing the cash we're going to get. Fuck the team, fuck the fact that him going severely weakens us where it matters, lets just make as much as we can and spend as little as we can get away with. Fuck the rest of the season and fuck the fact that after the weekend our next significant match is 6 months away.

The priorities at this football club are so fucked up and backward it's untrue.

:thup:

Guest VanBarduck

Who ?

Veratti, snappy CM, good passer, bit dirty, more mobile that YoCabs though

Ah, yes, he's also 10 times more talented.

I'm not sure about that but I rate him extremely highly. We should absolutely be trying at least to force their hand. They desperately want cabaye so make them pay for him

I agree, we should at least try to get their promising players on loan Ongenda or Rabiot or even both. Everton manage to get Deulofeu from Barça ffs  :lol:

What if we sold Cabaye for 25 mill, then brought in Cabella, and De Jong? How would people feel?

We'd be trading a very good player, established in this league and on top of his game for two players I've never seen play before. Don't give a fuck about the money. So I'd be lying if I said I'd be happy.

It'd be interesting though, and at least show willing from the club.

via @gallowgateshots

BfA11VOIgAAY1ut.jpg:large

We aren't in a CL spot or fighting for one. So we should be rightly be worried, we can't offer Cabaye that. What is so bad about that?

I'd be wondering why we're not fighting for one?