Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

I don't really buy this 'threw away his career' stuff TBH, even though I like Cabaye. He couldn't have possibly thought we were instantly going to become a champions league club when he signed his contract. He might have been let down over the style of football, but he should have known who NUFC was.

I don't have a problem with him leaving to PSG, that's normal, I don't see the need to pretend he was some sort of victim.

What make you think he didn't know what NUFC was?

Nufc was stepping stone for him, a premier league club with champions league or not, would grant him high exposure to further his career.

I personally thought he didn't have the idea of moving back to france in mind, when he was to leave nufc.  Would had preferred to go to a bigger premier league team obviously.

But our club was stagnating so badly with a turd of a manager and a wanker of a owner to boot.  He couldn't get away fast away.  Back to France it is then he said to himself, filthy rich club, champions league , big wage packet.  Be an absolute daft prick if he turned that down.

Given the noises the club have made since, I think we may no longer be the "stepping stone" we were when we got Cabaye. Remy came last season, but the groundwork for that was done the season before.

"Come and join our merry team that doesn't try in the cups and doesn't want European football!"

Fair play to Cabaye, because the whole thing is incredibly cringe worthy. He's a polite lad is Cabaye. I'm sure he was totally creeped out by it. Shocking behaviour from a man that grown.

Guest firetotheworks

Fair play to Cabaye, because the whole thing is incredibly cringe worthy. He's a polite lad is Cabaye. I'm sure he was totally creeped out by it. Shocking behaviour from a man that grown.

You have no sense of humour like.

Guest reefatoon

What's said? Can't get twitter at work.  :jesuswept:

Geordie that looks like Ryback kissed a picture of Cabs while Puffy's Biggie song plays in the back.

Then a man who has an avatar of a disney character had the bare faced cheek to call someone else creepy........

• 3 weeks later...