Twitter nonsense

Thespence

Mark Robinson, Carl Servant, Didier Domi Wayne Quinn, Danny Simpson, Andy Griffin, Ollie Barnard... All bought as a cheap FB options over the years.

Some never played more then a handful of games others Champions League.

Sometimes managers take a punt and it fails other times it works.

But for 3million or whatever it was and a bloke who would be behind Trippier, Kraft it might be worth the gamble

1 hour ago, RobsonsWonderland said:

Mark Robinson, Carl Servant, Didier Domi Wayne Quinn, Danny Simpson, Andy Griffin, Ollie Barnard... All bought as a cheap FB options over the years.

But for 3million or whatever it was and a bloke who would be behind Trippier, Kraft it might be worth the gamble

:dowie:

2 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

This is a football forum. It's to discuss football. We will wait and see. But we are here to talk football. We've got a 22 year-old RB deputising for arguably our best player... and he's barely kicked a pro football. That's worth discussing on this football forum. So yeh.. he's a year older than Livramento, who has had a significant injury but has shown actual ability and potential in senior football. I'd rather take the risk on him as first-team cover and get Ashby some experience elsewhere.

I’ve never got the ‘it’s a football forum, we can discuss what we want’ angle

Of course you can discuss what you want, but if someone’s opinions are a bit wild they are going to get a bit of comeback 

23 minutes ago, LV said:

I’ve never got the ‘it’s a football forum, we can discuss what we want’ angle

Of course you can discuss what you want, but if someone’s opinions are a bit wild they are going to get a bit of comeback 

That's fair enough. But my point is not a wild one.

Just now, Optimistic Nut said:

Why? :lol:

Mainly flapping about us seemingly targetting domestic players rather than shopping abroad. Based on Edwards latest Tweet, I shit you not.

I must have slipped into a alternative dimension where we didn't sign Botman, Bruno and Isak.

15 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Mainly flapping about us seemingly targetting domestic players rather than shopping abroad. Based on Edwards latest Tweet, I shit you not.

I must have slipped into a alternative dimension where we didn't sign Botman, Bruno and Isak.

Christ man some of our fans don't deserve what's happening to us. Think we've had the perfect balance of top European potential who are already quality, and the likes of Burn, Targett and Pope who know the league and have been assets. 

28 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I must have slipped into an alternative dimension where we didn't sign Botman, Bruno and Isak.

Didn’t the Edwards article link us with Thuram and Caicedo ?

Even if McTominay is brought in and even if the fee is inflated, he could still nevertheless become a really good signing for us. Really just depends on his performances.

We could bring in a player like Kone or Thuram for less money and they might be crap. 

That’s football, no point getting worked up unless it’s actually going wrong.

I am not panicking but it’s going to be very interesting next season 

Liverpool already looking to tie down 1/2 players 

Chelsea will definitely strengthen and have a half decent manager and multiple talented players that need to gel 

Arsenal meant to be getting Rice !!

Man united will give it a go but probably buy random shite 

Brighton have loads of young talent 

Villa looked strong and will improve 

Man City - are Man City 

spurs - Lol 

Us - good 11/12 players but severely lacking in depth and are not there yet in terms of wages / transfer fees (if any of the alleged big boys compete for the same player) 

Which means we have to be absolutely bang on again with players (under the radar and emerging talent)

Might be a tough ask for top 4 but we will give it one hell of a try 

Exactly what we all asked for , I prefer it this way (as if FFP wasn’t a factor we could literally buy every elite player x 2 in every position) and build a 100,000 seater stadium and win everything in one or two years. 

12 minutes ago, gdm said:

Spending £30-£40m on Mctominay would be ludicrous mind

As it was Gordon but to say the bloke who's give us the best season in my time of going to games 2 more seasons because of a couple signings is fucking stupid

Even ferguson spunked money on shite and he's the greatest of all time

31 minutes ago, jack j said:

https://twitter.com/Bazro136/status/1665682973167964163?t=_mo0hkXkn50LUV2FGBbPVg&s=19

This account is one of the worst for it. Just constant whinging and bed wetting along with a load of anger

Gives me a chuckle. Go and get yourself a bit sun ffs

So much to unpack with stuff like this, the window isn't officially open, much of the noise will be journalists or wannabe itk's trying to get clicks and attention, and whilst I've never been overly impressed with McTominay, I can see past that and see how he fits the system we have, how his skillset fits with what we have and how we play, we can't just fill the team with flair and creation, there needs to be industry and graft too. In relation to Eddie spunking 30-40 million, I think he, his staff and the scouting team probably have better judgement and understanding of whats needed to progress than Bazro136.

The McTominay hate is wild btw. I get that he’s not incredible but the reaction to just being linked to him is waaay over the top. He’s not that bad ffs and would probably be (at bare minimum) decent enough for us and our system.

3 minutes ago, McCormick said:

The McTominay hate is wild btw. I get that he’s not incredible but the reaction to just being linked to him is waaay over the top. He’s not that bad ffs and would probably be (at bare minimum) decent enough for us and our system.

Just another cog in our well oiled machine! If Eddie wants him, I’m all in! 

3 minutes ago, McCormick said:

As long as we don’t play him as a DM, he’s terrible in that role.

3 hours ago, RobsonsWonderland said:

Bernard was a good left back but I still can’t go past this :lol:  sorry, child in me 

9 minutes ago, McCormick said:

Hes not that bad, but he will take 1/4 out of our budget because Manu will do all in their power to flog us. He doesnt take our quality a step up. We are basically standing still with another Longstaff. Hes fine as an alternative/backup, but we should be aiming at a purple DM/CM.