Twitter nonsense

Thespence

I always associate Lowes with the Keegan days so his commentaries will be fondly remembered by many. He used to always be in Rosie’s bar with Ando and to be honest used to be decent craic. 

You can only speak as you find and maybe the drink has started to take its toll, he was never a picture of good health.

10 hours ago, Whitley mag said:

I always associate Lowes with the Keegan days so his commentaries will be fondly remembered by many. He used to always be in Rosie’s bar with Ando and to be honest used to be decent craic. 

You can only speak as you find and maybe the drink has started to take its toll, he was never a picture of good health.

I loved him as a commentator for this reason and was genuinely quite said when he announced his retirement. As it is Raisbeck has stepped in and done really well so that's less of an issue. 

Since the "Twitter era" it seemed nobody had a good word to say about him on a personal level but I got to interview him for the SG during Lockdown and he couldn't have been more generous with his time. We spoke for nearly 2 hours about the Keegan era along with a bit of the more recent stuff including his retirement. He's opinionated and took his job very seriously, isn't from the North East but totally bought into it and as you say, will always be synonymous with that era for me. On a side note when he left Metro they destroyed all of his archive so none of it will ever see the light of day again unless anybody happened to record it.

No idea what got into him last night, kept going on about football charlatans and using vomit emojis, don't think social media is really suited for him if he doesn't like people promoting things.

Fantastic to see that we're already seeing a few transfer meltdowns, less than 24 hours after the season has ended.

"Kamara to Villa? What are we doing!!!!"

"Fucks sake we should have signed Ekitike weeks ago!!!!"

"Strakosha signing for Fulham, what is going on!!!!"

Common themes are people taking absolutely everything they read at face value, having digs at the club for not doing enough or not being "all over it" and an apparent in depth knowledge of all of these players. 

1 hour ago, FCB said:

Wonder how many blocks Burnsie got in?

Whigh one is he?

Is the kid in the long hair the one who does the flags? He used to sit near me in the corner. Pure rockstar

Edited by jack j

55 minutes ago, jack j said:

Whigh one is he?

Is the kid in the long hair the one who does the flags? He used to sit near me in the corner. Pure rockstar

Burnsie is top left

As for the long hair one, I believe so? Not fully sure mind