Twitter nonsense

Thespence

22 hours ago, Ashley17 said:

I loved him as a commentator for this reason and was genuinely quite said when he announced his retirement. As it is Raisbeck has stepped in and done really well so that's less of an issue. 

Since the "Twitter era" it seemed nobody had a good word to say about him on a personal level but I got to interview him for the SG during Lockdown and he couldn't have been more generous with his time. We spoke for nearly 2 hours about the Keegan era along with a bit of the more recent stuff including his retirement. He's opinionated and took his job very seriously, isn't from the North East but totally bought into it and as you say, will always be synonymous with that era for me. On a side note when he left Metro they destroyed all of his archive so none of it will ever see the light of day again unless anybody happened to record it.

No idea what got into him last night, kept going on about football charlatans and using vomit emojis, don't think social media is really suited for him if he doesn't like people promoting things.

I've still got the audio cassette of all the goals on radio commentary. Makes for fantastic listening and brings back so many wonderful memories.

Switched to radio Newcastle in 92/93 having taken Metro until then and Mick is the voice of that special season.

Thought he was really down with us but remember him being snarky about the boos Owen got when he came back and he really got my back up.  Nobody deserved booed more than him and everything we've learned since backs that up.

9 hours ago, Whitley mag said:

This Horta has great stats from this season.

I wouldn’t trust Casey to tell me whether it was day or night, the absolute Burnsie-esque whopper.

12 hours ago, DL7777 said:

I had that cassette also .. pretty sure this is the audio..

https://youtu.be/2Abg35PUz-o

Used to love the way he shouted Kellaaay !

Thats amazing! Totally amazing. My morning has gone to shit :lol:

As well as the memories, theres Keegan talking about Ferdinand and Shearer BEFORE we'd even signed Cole.

Wow, I could still remember the audio commentary word for word for the goals vs Grimsby, I'd recorded them on a tape at the time and listened to them on repeat all over that summer. Amazing to hear them again all these years later.

Whatever Mick Lowes may or may not be as a person (I've absolutely no idea), I'll always have a fondness for him for the commentary of the matches of that season.

40 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

Wow, I could still remember the audio commentary word for word for the goals vs Grimsby, I'd recorded them on a tape at the time and listened to them on repeat all over that summer. Amazing to hear them again all these years later.

Whatever Mick Lowes may or may not be as a person (I've absolutely no idea), I'll always have a fondness for him for the commentary of the matches of that season.

I’m from Grimsby,I met Keegan and McDermott on Cleethorpes seafront that weekend! Long 3/4 length quilted coats was all the thing! :lol:

15 hours ago, DL7777 said:

I had that cassette also .. pretty sure this is the audio..

https://youtu.be/2Abg35PUz-o

Used to love the way he shouted Kellaaay !

Love than SJH sounds like Alan Barnes with the way that this has been recorded.  I'd be all over that universe where he was our owner.

Guest reefatoon
17 minutes ago, Sima said:

Love than SJH sounds like Alan Barnes with the way that this has been recorded.  I'd be all over that universe where he was our owner.

Aye, just been laughing at that on the 38 minute mark. Slightly speeded up and a higher voice. [emoji38]

I’m all for Twitter nonsense to be posted in here by unreliable sources that may have some kernel of truth but if we know there are out and out bullshitters who don’t know anything I don’t think they should get an airing here 

18 minutes ago, gbandit said:

I’m all for Twitter nonsense to be posted in here by unreliable sources that may have some kernel of truth but if we know there are out and out bullshitters who don’t know anything I don’t think they should get an airing here 

Create a Twitter Nonsense for Well Known Gobshites thread.

4 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Worse than Burnsie this guy, what’s worse is thousands of fans hang on his every word 

Knows absolutely fuck all and is now appearing on YouTube transfer shows as a Newcastle “expert”. Like cwarr07, get enough mongs following you and you can now build a career out of it.

I was kind of invested in Paquetta signing this summer I’d even written a new song for him.

To the tune of Suzanne Vega’s classic….His name is Lucas he plays for the black and whites……

I’ll reveal the rest when we sign him in 2023.

18 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

This thread all about bull shit hence the title, but does appear Casey is Edwards new source.

This the same knacker who said we definitely wouldn't be signing Wood in January 

Not joking but this guy must have mentioned about 20-30 players this last fortnight alone. He acts as though he has a source but never seen him get anything right first