Twitter nonsense

Thespence

Can't tell if he is actually a real reporter but he claims Mitrovic will have medical here tomorrow.

He's a genuine journalist. Wrote quite a bit for UK press.

Aye, whether he's actually correct on this is another matter but he's not some ITK kid bored on his holiday.

IF we do get Mitrovic and keep Cissé i would rather see us go for a top quality LB than another striker. Would like both of course. I doubt we're looking at LB, but we should!

IF we do get Mitrovic and keep Cissé i would rather see us go for a top quality LB than another striker. Would like both of course. I doubt we're looking at LB, but we should!

Depends how good Mitrovic is, if he's quality and we do get him then i agree. We probably wouldn't need more unless we play two upfront which seems unlikely.

If we get these two. The next must be a centre back.

I think the club will see Dummet as left back cover.

I reckon giving him the number 3 shirt implies they see him as a first choice CB/LB for next season.

Might as well throw Lascelles and Dummett into the starting XI together, let them gain experience. Certainly can't be worse than watching Mike fucking Williamson, a can't-be-arsed Coloccini, and ulti-retard Saylor fail spectacularly to play defense.

Might as well throw Lascelles and Dummett into the starting XI together, let them gain experience. Certainly can't be worse than watching Mike f***ing Williamson, a can't-be-arsed Coloccini, and ulti-retard Saylor fail spectacularly to play defense.

Aye that's what i want to see happen, in the event no one is actually signed which seems likely at this point.

She says its done

@EDS_Amy: Despite Everton speculation Georginio Wijnaldum will only go Newcastle United. Terms agreed. #nufc

What a trooper this girl is. Despite all the abuse from Newcastle fans she's proudly sticking out her chest and continuing to report from the front lines.

NUFC 360 ‏@NUFC360

NUFC 360 retweeted Alfredo Pedullà

Roma to make an official bid for Mitrovic. #NUFC

Alfredo Pedullà @AlfredoPedulla

Roma, pronta un'offerta ufficiale all'Anderlecht per Mitrovic

I tend to take all things from Italian journos with a pinch of salt. Tell more lies by 9am than most estate agents do all day.

Fullback, centre back, midfielder, winger and striker at a bare minimum, if we even get two of those things i'll be shocked.

This, pretty much.

Exactly. I could cope with just Mitrovic if Cisse stays. We will likely just use one up top anyway. Ideally we could shift Gouffran and Rivere and bring two strikers in.

We need to shift Williamson and Colo is all but done, with Saylor a perma crock. We need two more CBs. I still expect we will just get one.

Another RB is needed for sure, unless we really see Anita as a backup RB, which would be a mistake, imo. Its a big year for Haidara and to a lesser extent Dummet but I am happy to go with them and give them a run.

We never replaced Hatem so another winger is absolutely needed. Obertan and Gouffran need to follow Sammy out of the door.

@EmaGiulianelli  7m7 minutes ago

Mitrovic is training with Anderlecht: he refused to go to Newcastle today because he wants to play in Champions League 

(Het Laatste Nieuws is a Dutch language newspaper based in Brussels, Belgium)