Neil Taylor signs new four-year contract with Swansea

Guest sicko2ndbest

where does this leave ferguson...

On the left wing with a new five year contract, where he should be.

:thup:

Rotation along with Jonas/Ben Arfa or whoever else we bring in in the wide areas. The lad is clearly a winger, being competent at LB too would be a nice string to his bow, but honestly it seems a waste of his talents.

I wouln't exactly say that Elliot was adequate cover either. He was finished by the time he returned to us.

Still love him mind, as he was one of my favourite players as a bairn. I was gutted when Dalglish sold him.

Aye. Couldn't half strike a ball in his first stint. Came back a completely different player.

Remember reading an interview in the Chronicle when he had just got back into the team and he scored against Man City I think (cue the funky chicken). Was quite funny, his kids didn't believe he played for us since he was never in the team.

Elliott did better at centre back in his second stint iirc,  at least he had a couple of surprisingly good games there.

Aye, was decent there for a few games.

Doubt this very much, a dick of a Journo for the Mirror (Paul Smith) who for some reason has something against Swansea is posting these things ion his twitter site.

He also says Ashley Williams to QPR (again quoting a non-existent 1 mill buy-out clause). We turned down 2 mill for Williams last season.

Smith later owned up to winding the Swans fans up.

Taylor signed from Wrexham last summer for 35K initially, this raised to 150K after add ons. He didn't start the season as first choice but eventually made his way in. Quite young and still learning. Some of our fans think we need someone more experienced in this position for the Premiership.

Doubt this very much, a dick of a Journo for the Mirror (Paul Smith) who for some reason has something against Swansea is posting these things ion his twitter site.

He also says Ashley Williams to QPR (again quoting a non-existent 1 mill buy-out clause). We turned down 2 mill for Williams last season.

Smith later owned up to winding the Swans fans up.

Taylor signed from Wrexham last summer for 35K initially, this raised to 150K after add ons. He didn't start the season as first choice but eventually made his way in. Quite young and still learning. Some of our fans think we need someone more experienced in this position for the Premiership.

Could it be that he's winding your fans up on twitter about Williams but is serious about Taylor?

I doubt he'd print an article in the paper as a wind up.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Looks like its more likely than not he'll be signing for us. Rather have Angel Rangel just because his name is awesome.

Guest toonlass

Is there not a limit as to how many Taylors you can have in a squad? We'll be the football equivalent of Duran Duran.

Is there not a limit as to how many Taylors you can have in a squad? We'll be the football equivalent of Duran Duran.

Ameobi and Taylor will be half our team  :snod: :snod:

Mother of god  :kasper: :harry:

Sounds like a decent signing as long as he isn't first choice.

Could give us the chance to loan out Ferguson for half a season (is that still allowed?) Then this lad for the second half of the season. They both sound capable of playing the same two positions anyway and both sound like they need a bit more experience.

Guest johnson293

He he... as a Duranie since '82, I love this comment!! :)