Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

Why did it take till after the Suwon player crossed it in for them to kick it out?

Because they're the Sunderland of Korea and obviously the "classy" thing to do is wait until you're sure you can't mount an effective attack before kicking it out.

Al Saad are still the bigger cunts though.

Why did it take till after the Suwon player crossed it in for them to kick it out?

Because they're the Sunderland of Korea and obviously the "classy" thing to do is wait until you're sure you can't mount an effective attack before kicking it out.

Al Saad are still the bigger cunts though.

Aye, even if Al Saad wanted to keep the ball and contest that it was kicked out for an injury, they can do it in a way other than immediately playing a through ball to the striker.

Guest Heneage

Al Saad are still the bigger c***s though.

Seems like Al Saad just outfoxed the fox.

My thought exactly, tbh Suwon tried to to the same trick. Think the qataris had all the right in the world to do that after the Suwon players tried the same shit and failed miserably.

Guest sydneycove

It was the most disgusting thing I've ever seen in football. 

Would you believe it if I told you that not a single Al Saad player received a ban for any of this? f***ing corrupt AFC showing where it's loyalties lie.

Suwon is like Sunderland to me man, the c*** made me take their side.

And on top of that Fossati the despicable cunt is their manager.

Guest sydneycove

Al Saad are still the bigger c***s though.

Seems like Al Saad just outfoxed the fox.

You think that was an isolated incident though? The whole match the Al Saad were diving, crowding the ref and hacking the Suwon players it was despicable to say the least. 

An interview with Ba (from the matchday programme on Saturday):

The Smiling Assassin

By Anthony Marshall - Newcastle United Club Reporter

Newcastle's standout performer throughout the past month has undoubtedly been Demba Ba, and the eight-goal striker sat down with the official matchday programme to talk about how his love of life at St. James' Park is fuelling the goals…

United's unbeaten start to the Premier League campaign has got the whole of Tyneside smiling, but there is one man whose grin is bigger than the rest.

With eight goals already to his name this season, summer signing Demba Ba is achieving exactly what he was brought to St. James' Park to do - become Newcastle's latest goalscoring hero.

The devout Muslim striker endured a slow start to life in the North-East as he observed Ramadan, but since the end of September Ba has been almost unplayable, as numerous top flight defenders will testify.

And what makes his tally even more remarkable is that all Ba's goals have come in the last five Premier League matches.

The 26-year-old broke his duck in the black and white stripes in stunning fashion with a hat-trick against Blackburn, before finding the back of the net at Wolves and against Tottenham.

He drew a rare blank against Wigan, but then proceeded to add another matchball to his collection away at Stoke on Monday night, firing a treble in a 3-1 victory at the Britannia Stadium.

"It was a great result," Ba told the official matchday programme the morning after that triumph over the Potters.

"It was another hat-trick and I am very happy with this one as well.

"I'm very happy, not just for me but for the team as well because we worked hard. We knew what we had to do to get a result at Stoke and we did exactly what the gaffer asked us to do.

"When you go there and try to play football, sometimes it doesn't work too well. But if you defend right and be positive and make sure you don't concede much possession and set pieces then you will be alright.

"The changing room after was amazing! We were all very happy because it was the tenth game in the league that we are unbeaten, and we are delighted to get there and get another three points."

Playing in a winning side is always going to bring out the best in players, and Ba is no different, but the former West Ham man believes there is another key component to his performance in front of goal - enjoyment.

According to the man himself, a smiling Demba Ba is someone you do not want to be up against, and he is thriving in a United side which is not just full of good service, but also adaptable to every given situation.

"My confidence is getting back and I am working hard every day, every week to get back in shape and to find my game, how I used to play," said the Senegalese international, about the return of the spring in his step on matchdays.

"That is the way I like playing football and that is the way I just enjoy playing football.

"If I enjoy myself on the pitch then I'm going to have a good performance.

"But my performances also come from others. The cross from Gabby (Obertan) against Stoke was magnificent, and Jonas's (Gutierrez) cross against Tottenham was great as well. When you have deliveries like that it makes it easy to score.

"And then there is Besty (Leon Best) too. It is a good partnership and we complement each other well.

"We are working well together and we always try to score for the team, and for us as well.

"Against Stoke, when I had my two goals I wanted Besty to score and all my motivation was in getting him to score, for him, for his confidence and to make him happy.

"The way we play as a team, I think we are kind of unpredictable. We are an unpredictable team, but that is not a bad thing.

"We can play different ways and different styles, as you saw at Stoke on Monday. We can be a tough team and fight for results, but also when it is time to play football then we can play football as well as anyone."

Following his recent goalscoring haul, some fans have jokingly suggested Ba drop the number one from his 19 shirt, and become the latest heir to the iconic number nine shirt, which currently lies vacant.

Following in the footsteps of the likes of Jackie Milburn, Andy Cole and Alan Shearer would be a huge honour for the big front man, but Ba insists he will continue to find the back of the net regardless of the figure on the back of his shirt.

"My motivation was just to come here and do my job. It doesn't matter whether there is or isn't a number nine at the moment, it doesn't matter if they want to give me the number nine shirt or not," he said.

"I am happy with my 19 and will score goals for this club whatever number I have on my shirt.

"I'm happy that the fans like me and have taken to me, but I just want to tell them that it is not because of a number that we score goals.

"This is an offensive league full of offensive football. When you go on the pitch you want to score, you want to win, and it doesn't matter. We just want to have some goals to make the fans and everyone at the Club happy.

"This is what it is all about for me."

Everton are the visitors to St. James' Park this afternoon and will be determined to match their success from the same fixture last season, where they secured a 2-1 victory thanks to goals from Leon Osman and Phil Jagielka.

Ba knows he and his teammates are in for a stern examination of their credentials by the Toffees, but is confident that they will extend their unbeaten run and he can add to his own personal tally.

"It will be a very tough game as Everton are one of the best teams in the league," said Ba.

"But we are full of confidence and we definitely want to win the game, so we will do everything we can to make that happen.

"As for me, I always want to score goals and want to get as many as I can this season. I have had a good start here, hopefully I can stay fit and healthy, and play for the whole season.

"I just want to enjoy football, enjoy playing, and when that is happening you see a smile on my face and I am able to score some goals.

"I know what goalscorers mean to the fans up here, but I just want to enjoy football, enjoy playing, and if I am scoring goals then I am making myself happy, the fans happy, my family happy and the Club happy. That way everybody wins."

And if smiling equals goals and victories, then United really have come across a winning combination in Demba Ba.

Obcviously very happy his form from last season has carried over, and nice interview, crediting 'Gabby', Jonas, and Best. Wonderful player for us this season, wonderful player to have got on a free. For a player who has been considered mainly an injury waiting to happen he probably deserves more plaudits than he gets.

A degree of sympathy for Demba Ba today, I thought the pressure seemed to get to him, and he seemed frustrated by the end.

Very difficult job though. Had to wait about 30 minutes for a chance, so it was predictable he'd snatch at it a little bit.

It was the most disgusting thing I've ever seen in football. 

Would you believe it if I told you that not a single Al Saad player received a ban for any of this? Fucking corrupt AFC showing where it's loyalties lie.

Suwon is like Sunderland to me man, the cunt made me take their side.

:lol: the bile is tremendous. Keep it up young warrior.

Guest VaVaVoom

Thought he was generally poor today actually. Heavy 1st touch on many occasions and SHOULD have scored twice!

Was poor against Everton also.

I'd actually would be tempted to start Best and Barfa against Man U coming to think of it. See how both of them train through the week i suppose.

Thought he was generally poor today actually. Heavy 1st touch on many occasions and SHOULD have scored twice!

I'd actually would be tempted to start Best and Barfa against Man U coming to think of it. See how both of them train through the week i suppose.

Ba is out top scorer for a reason, he's our best chance of a goal and could have got one today with a bit more luck.  Dropping him would be total madness.

Guest VaVaVoom

Ba is out top scorer for a reason, he's our best chance of a goal and could have got one today with a bit more luck.  Dropping him would be total madness.

Yes he is our top scorer but he has been poor in the last two games.

Starting spots should be form based.

He SHOULD have scored twice.

This. Despite the insistence of one person in particular I don't think it's proven either way yet whether Ba and Ben Arfa will work,it seemed to work ok today against the best team in the league?

Guest VaVaVoom

Yes he is our top scorer but he has been poor in the last two games.

Starting spots should be form based.

He SHOULD have scored twice.

Who replaces him on form?

Tut

Nobody....thats why you have a squad and competiton for places.

Players waiting for a chance.

Tut

Nobody....thats why you have a squad and competiton for places.

Players waiting for a chance.

So we should replace him because you think he is in poor form but nobody should replace him on form, OK.