Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

Guest taps01

more than a goalscorer. did anyone up here actually think he was THAT good ?

Nope especially after the pre season he had!

He seems to get better every game. Went from looking shite at the start of the season, to a goal scorer but not much else, to what now looks like a complete striker.

I have a fetish for seeing a Newcastle player at the top of the scoring charts, gutted he's off now.

I thought he'd get goals but more as a poacher. He is 10x the player I thought he was. Magnificent.

He's already shown he can score every type of goal. Unbelievable :laugh:

Guest BooBoo

I thought he was a scrappy poacher tbh :lol:

No way he was this good at the hammers, was he? (I dunno)

A lot of his goals for WHU were of the poacher type.

I've said this before but his appearance makes people under-rate his ability. He's not got defenders bouncing off him like Didier in his prime nor tearing past defenders like Eto'o.

He's not particularly strong nor fast and doesn't rely on a rocket shot. A genuine box terrorist. In the air, 1 on 1, volleys, raspers, poachers goals, big headers, touch and turn. Superb.

I love Demba Ba. :love:

We're really going to miss him when he goes to the ACoN. He is the complete striker for me and definitely the best striker we've had since Shearer. Fantastic technique, works his arse off, great strength, basically everything you want in a striker.

Bargain of the century.

So is he better playing off another striker? Seemed to do that very well tonight.

He's adaptable to it for sure, think  he can play the target man as well. He realised that Man Utd were pushing the midfield up tonight and dropped into the space brilliantly.