Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

The sad thing is that under these nimrods in charge, we can't fully enjoy one of our players tearing up the league, as our thoughts inevitably turn to how much they will be sold for.

That's exactly it. We have reached a point now as a club where you just can't get attached to players any more as within about 6 months if they are good enough they are being whored out to other teams and unfortunately we are now seen as a selling club which makes us vulnerable.

They've only ever whored out one player though. Hardly damning evidence it's going to happen again.

They've openly admitted to adopting a transfer policy of buying players with re-sale value though.

thats pretty standard policy for a lot of clubs even the big ones, Man U don't tend to buy many players over 26/27 which seems to be our policy as well

They don't take into account how much profit they will make when buying a player though.

The sad thing is that under these nimrods in charge, we can't fully enjoy one of our players tearing up the league, as our thoughts inevitably turn to how much they will be sold for.

That's exactly it. We have reached a point now as a club where you just can't get attached to players any more as within about 6 months if they are good enough they are being whored out to other teams and unfortunately we are now seen as a selling club which makes us vulnerable.

They've only ever whored out one player though. Hardly damning evidence it's going to happen again.

They've openly admitted to adopting a transfer policy of buying players with re-sale value though.

thats pretty standard policy for a lot of clubs even the big ones, Man U don't tend to buy many players over 26/27 which seems to be our policy as well

They don't take into account how much profit they will make when buying a player though.

Where's the evidence that we do?

The re-sale value part that they have mentioned?

All I want is for us to keep hold of the likes of Ba, Cabaye, Tiote, Coloccini etc as we really do have the spine of a good team here. If we can keep on building on this with further quality additions, exciting times could lie ahead for us.

Its not worth stressing about, this clause could have all sorts of conditions, champions league football, applys after a certain amount of time here, We know about as much about this as we do his "ticking time bomb of a knee"

All I want is for us to keep hold of the likes of Ba, Cabaye, Tiote, Coloccini etc as we really do have the spine of a good team here. If we can keep on building on this with further quality additions, exciting times could lie ahead for us.

Well that's what we said about the Colo, Enrique, Tiote, Nolan, Barton, Carroll to...That was our spine last season. Only two of them left.

We have a new spine now who seems perfectly fine and that's what I worry about. The fat cunt will look at these two last seasons and think that we're always going to be able to replace who ever becomes important for us. He will make his money and we will just keep going and stay in some mediocre mid table land as long as he is here.

He's not gone yet (Ba that is) but i fear for this month...why even have a fucking transfer window in the middle of the season? have never been able to understand that!!!

...why even have a f***ing transfer window in the middle of the season? have never been able to understand that!!!

For the big teams to stock up. Why else :)

Guest Randy Savage

'appy 'arry up to his old tricks. He might be trying to unsettle a mag but he's still an odious tosspot of a manager.

Guest VaVaVoom

Ba wont be going anywhere in this window....he is away with his national team ffs.

If there IS a clause and i dont beleive there is, he will be offered a new deal i reckon. Similar to Tiote who signed and then was offered a new deal some 6 months after he signed. Or something like that.

Pardew insists that the knee ­injury that Stoke boss Tony Pulis described as a “ticking timebomb” hasn’t caused the summer capture from West Ham any major problems.

He explained: “We don’t do ­anything special.

“We don’t even give him a rest day. He’s not like Ledley King where he can’t train for three or four days.

“There is a deficiency in that knee that has been highlighted and we know about. We can manage it, it won’t be a problem.”

Ba wont be going anywhere in this window....he is away with his national team ffs.

If there IS a clause and i dont beleive there is, he will be offered a new deal i reckon. Similar to Tiote who signed and then was offered a new deal some 6 months after he signed. Or something like that.

don`t think he can go anywhere anyway this window. IIRC there is some sort of rule where a player can`t sign for 2 clubs within 1 year (release clause or not?)

don`t think he can go anywhere anyway this window. IIRC there is some sort of rule where a player can`t sign for 2 clubs within 1 year (release clause or not?)

It is no more than 2 clubs in 1 season, since he has only played for us this season he can move during this window though I doubt he will

Considering the knee issue it's quite unlikely this regime would be looking to pay him more than they currently do.If this clause is for real he's likely gone. I imagine that's why they were okay with inserting it. Just hope there is a backup plan. Anywhere but Tottenham or Liverpool if he goes also, because Redknapp is a tit, and Dalglish and everything Liverpool is grotesque.

Even with a clause can someone really be expected to meet it and get him through a medical that can sanction that fee and a contract better than we are paying. When we lose Ba it will be much less than 10m in my opinion and will be during a decline.

think he'll see out the seasons myself even if the clause is met, seems a sound bloke but then again if he's got arseholes as agents (chances are he does) then they might start bending his ear

hopefully a repeat of the tiote contract, increase his money some in return for removal of clause

Even with a clause can someone really be expected to meet it and get him through a medical that can sanction that fee and a contract better than we are paying. When we lose Ba it will be must less than 10m in my opinion and will be during a decline.

:whistle:

Guest sicko2ndbest

Even with a clause can someone really be expected to meet it and get him through a medical that can sanction that fee and a contract better than we are paying. When we lose Ba it will be must less than 10m in my opinion and will be during a decline.

I agree 100%

If he get through the ACON and then finishes the season strong with us I see it happening

However, that gives us time to sit down with him and get the clause out. I imagine it will be incredibly hard with the people he surrounds himself with!

Seems bizarrely incompetent to have the clause when the clubs entire MO is based around maximising our players' value as assets.

They're also about not spending money where they think they don't have to. They got Ba for free, so it's pretty understandable IMO that his agent might have got their way on a few things.

I've been saying this since the news broke Dave amidst people maintaining there's absolutely no way  Ashley would agree to a release clause.

Imagine if we lost our most prolific strikers two January's in a row, eurgh. The club have got a major decision on their hands now over whether to improve his contract or not, because there'll be offers for him at the end of the season, release or not.

We got him free (probs a couple of million to agents etc) so his knees were worth the risk. Given he's had two moves collapse on medical grounds how many would pay 10mill fee plus agents etc with his problems ?

We got him free (probs a couple of million to agents etc) so his knees were worth the risk. Given he's had two moves collapse on medical grounds how many would pay 10mill fee plus agents etc with his problems ?

Wouldn't that change if he came through an entire Premier League season unscratched scoring over 25 goals in the process?

Exactly.

Unless his current spell is proving that his condition can be easily managed ofc.  We don't know; we can only guess.