Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

I try to convince myself otherwise but common sense indicates that he's gone in the summer if we don't actually finish fourth.

With his current numbers the "top teams" wouldn't leave him alone even if he didn't have a release clause. With his release clause? We've probably got a pile of bids stacked up in front of the fax machine already.

Suppose it's best not to dwell on it and just enjoy what we have while we have it.

Yeah I keep wondering though just how big a deal his knees really are if our own thrice-cursed medical staff can keep him operational.  Those "big teams" might see it as much less of a gamble now.  Who knows.  Happy he's here, hope he stays.

Yeah I keep wondering though just how big a deal his knees really are if our own thrice-cursed medical staff can keep him operational.  Those "big teams" might see it as much less of a gamble now.  Who knows.  Happy he's here, hope he stays.

I thought it wasn't so much an on going injury thing as much as if he sustains certain injuries to his knee he is unlikely to recover the way most others would.

is that a cousin of his?

Huh?

nba is similar to the second name Ba.

It makes no sense, I think I'll hide now  :okay:

I laughed.

*hugs*

I thought it wasn't so much an on going injury thing as much as if he sustains certain injuries to his knee he is unlikely to recover the way most others would.

I'm going off Pardews comments a while back about the club having to "manage his knees" (or something similar) which lead me to believe it's like - though obviously nowhere near as bad - Kings situation at Spurs. 

I try to convince myself otherwise but common sense indicates that he's gone in the summer if we don't actually finish fourth.

With his current numbers the "top teams" wouldn't leave him alone even if he didn't have a release clause. With his release clause? We've probably got a pile of bids stacked up in front of the fax machine already.

Suppose it's best not to dwell on it and just enjoy what we have while we have it.

can't believe clubs still use fax machines for conducting business. Usually always hear of failed late signings in transfer  windows because of fax problems :lol:

Quite interesting reading around the page 90 mark of this thread after he'd started the season poorly. He's pretty much unanimously rated now, such is the turnaround.

Purposely kept away from this thread after his first couple of games, because I knew people where going to knee-jerk and our sensible posters would have to defend him. He was poor in his first couple of games, but I never doubted him for a second, but I never thought he would be this good either. 16 goals in his last 17 games for us or something isn't it? That is nothing short of incredible.

Yeah, I can't recall posting much on him at the time, but I certainly remember hoping his poor displays where down to Ramadam, and I didn't expect for a second he would be anywhere near as good as he's been.

I also saw a comment from Sewelly (I think), when we were linked with him saying that he'd heard he was something along the lines of a  "massive egotistical cunt, prone to causing unrest". Amazing what rumor and hearsay can generate, as he seems about as far from that ilk as you will get in a modern footballer.

I wish people would stop worrying about the summer and enjoy what we've got and how well we're doing now.

I don't know why people are worrying anyway, he came to a mid table club who are pushing for Europe so other than CL football, we're offering him more than most clubs can.  He's got as much of a chance to do something here as he has at most other clubs. 

He's settled here, the fans worship him and seems to be loving his football so he has no reason at this time to want anything more than he's getting.  I'm sure he was living out of a hotel while playing for West Ham but has found a house here, he's settled in well and I can't see him wanting to go anywhere.

I wish people would stop worrying about the summer and enjoy what we've got and how well we're doing now.

Indeed. If the worst happens and he goes he'll still have been a fantastic signing, and our recruitment policy's pretty fucking good at the minute. That said, i'd be really sad to see him play for someone else now and you just know we'd have to watch Shola piss about for another year.

Demba Ba's making me fucking bi-polar.

I think it would take a big offer to take him but who in this league could afford him. It seems Liverpool have spent enough for the moment and want some return from Dalglish. Man Utd are one of the sides who might be tempted but they would have to sell Berbatov first. Chelsea want to get something out of Torress and are looking to the future. Arsenal, no chance. Do Spurs have money? They certainly aren't spending big, finishing in the top four might help. Man City can buy anyone, we just have to hope they don't fancy Ba. There's always a worry but its not the cash rich league it used to be.

I think it would take a big offer to take him but who in this league could afford him. It seems Liverpool have spent enough for the moment and want some return from Dalglish. Man Utd are one of the sides who might be tempted but they would have to sell Berbatov first. Chelsea want to get something out of Torress and are looking to the future. Arsenal, no chance. Do Spurs have money? They certainly aren't spending big, finishing in the top four might help. Man City can buy anyone, we just have to hope they don't fancy Ba. There's always a worry but its not the cash rich league it used to be.

if its only £7m I imagine all of those teams would find the money

Agree with most of that STM except with Chelsea.  I think they'll sell Torres in the summer (back to Madrid or PSG possibly?) and may be in for Ba as Drogba is, I think, gone in the summer too.  Sturridge looks good and I wish we had been in for him but relying on him and Lukaku to deliver week in week out at this point would be mad.