Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

Guest WashyGeordie

Patients report that the experience is invigorating and improves a variety of conditions such as psychological stress, insomnia, rheumatism, muscle and joint pain, fibromyalgia, itching, and psoriasis.[citation needed] The immediate effect of skin cooling and analgesia lasts for 5 minutes, but the release of endorphins can have a lasting effect, where the pains and signs of inflammation as found in blood tests remain suppressed for weeks.[citation needed] The effects of extreme cold and endorphin release are scientifically studied.

Curiously, some patients compare the feeling to sauna at 110 °C (230 °F). Wales rugby union international Sam Warburton, who along with his teammates used the Spala facilities whilst training for the 2011 Rugby World Cup, has dubbed the chambers "evil saunas", but added:

"I'd be lying if I didn't say it was a pretty savage experience, but the other side of the coin is that it is definitely working and allowing us to train in a way that would be impossible under normal conditions."

Ankle tendon trauma, constant shoulder fatigue from boxing, broken hand, lower back muscles in bits. Just sounds like something really reinvigorating. I see a physio every week for a sports massage but this sounds like something a bit more invasive.

Is this the thing where you've got to wear gloves and trot around in a circle to avoid your fingers freezing? :lol:

I watched some sort of daft BBC science show thing where they had this on. Looked insane.

Its frustration and I guess a little jealousy, he has to look after Cisse and then see him getting all the goals and plaudits where before Cisse came he was the main man.

The 4-3-3 is working for us but not for Demba, however he is an intelligent footballer and I have no doubt he can and will adapt his game to suit the system.

He may be p*ssed off but still gives 100% on the pitch for the team, I think way to much could be made of the handshake refusal.

Not sure about that. Even looking past the fact Cisse and him have the freedom to change position in that formation whenever they want, Ba has come into some decent goalscoring positions since his last goal. For various reasons (excellent saves v Spurs and Wolves, missed penalty v Sunderland, hitting the woodwork v Sunderland, being fouled in a goalscoring position v West Brom, bad first touches v Bolton) it's just not happened for him. I don't think the formation is the problem per se.

Take Best away and we'd be in the same position. Take Ba away and we'd be much further down the league.

Not really since Best helped us win 2 games (Fulham, QPR) and drew another (Villa). So looking at it very simplistically we would be 7 points worse off and not in the same position

Its frustration and I guess a little jealousy, he has to look after Cisse and then see him getting all the goals and plaudits where before Cisse came he was the main man.

The 4-3-3 is working for us but not for Demba, however he is an intelligent footballer and I have no doubt he can and will adapt his game to suit the system.

He may be p*ssed off but still gives 100% on the pitch for the team, I think way to much could be made of the handshake refusal.

Not sure about that. Even looking past the fact Cisse and him have the freedom to change position in that formation whenever they want, Ba has come into some decent goalscoring positions since his last goal. For various reasons (excellent saves v Spurs and Wolves, missed penalty v Sunderland, hitting the woodwork v Sunderland, being fouled in a goalscoring position v West Brom, bad first touches v Bolton) it's just not happened for him. I don't think the formation is the problem per se.

I agree with that its a fluid enuf system to make it work, its up to Demba whether he wants to make it work plus he looked good as part of the front 3 against West Brom and Liverpool.

Are we trying to freeze Ba for when Cissé retires or something? :lol:

Demba's just test-driving it, he actually plans to have Cisse frozen so he can then steal his mojo.

I see what you did there.

http://blog.lensway.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/austin-powers-glasses.jpg