Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

Demba Ba ‏@dembabafoot

I love "san antonio SPURS"

:lol: Felipao will be devastated.

Youre right. Hes gone down in my estimation. Whats up with the Magic hats and then SAS Demba? Hes out of his mind. Hes lost it.

This is really simple..... if Ba were to leave we replace him with a CF that can play wide that way when Ben Arfa roams inside it becomes a 4-3-1-2 and when Cisse needs rotating that CF that can play wide plays CF instead of Cisse and the wide spot is taken up by Marveaux, Jonas or any other wide player we have.

Same scenario goes for if Ba stays.... he plays wide usually but if Cisse is injured, suspended or needs resting he plays CF and Marveaux, Jonas etc etc comes in to the wide spot.

That way we can have two high profile CF's in the line up usually and we can keep them happy while playing 4-3-3 but if something happens to one of them then we just bring in a wide player and play a traditional 4-3-3 with 1 CF and 2 wide players.

I want him to stay, but his departure would be the perfect opportunity to buy someone to play the left forward role, and therefore allow us to play our best formation.

No! We want to keep both. As Pards said, the schedule is very tough next seaon and he'll have to rotate players.  His challenge is getting Ba, Cisse, HBA  and Colo to understand that they cannot play every match.. There will be plenty of games for everbody. If we sell Ba, we'll only have one good central attacker left. The backup is rubbish. With Mav back and the signing of Rameiro we now have the squad depth to rest our  best players when possible.

Firstly, I don't want those last 3 rotated to the point that it has to be a challenge to make them realise there's a need to be rotated. Or is this the 'we're good enough to rest our first teamers against the likes of Wigan' thing again? Second, if we go out and get a more suited player for that left hand side of a 433, do you really think Ba will be content sat on the bench waiting for Cisse to tire/get injured? Yes, we need good back up, but you're mad if you think we're at the point of being able to hold onto players like Ba for that kind of role, particularly when he was our main man barely six months ago. Guthrie won't even do it ffs. :lol:

I've never said that we should rest many key players against weaker opponents  but  one, maybe two. I think BA will work great in  4-3-3 formation once he's recharged his batteries .  Cisse  and him will switch positions during the match, and by having two good attackers we have the possibility of resting one of them when needed.  If Ba is sold we need to replace him with a proper attacker. Maybe De Jong?

Either Ba or Cisse is the same typical CF.. I don't see why they couldn't be rotated... Ba proves his worth as lone CF at beginning of the season... both Ba & Cisse need to be feed by 2 wide forward to maximize their goal scorer ability.... it was Best who do the donkey work for Ba in earlier season. Cisse despite his goal scoring record... he is far to be wide forward.

Alternatively marveaux comes in and is better in the wide position than ba ?

Correct.. i am confident also if u put Ba alone without Cisse (rotation policy)... Ba will become goal scoring monster again. They both too similar.

Alternatively marveaux comes in and is better in the wide position than ba ?

I dont see that a major issue due to Marveaux's injury record we cant rely on him in the same way we can with Ba.

At this stage if we can get Marveaux fit i see a rotation role for him for either wide spot( depending on situation) and in midfield.

I dont expect him to be someone that can be considered as the first name on the team sheet but provide a different option to our current players in a number of positions.

Connor Davidson ‏@ConnorTheMag96

@dembabafoot whats these rumours saying your not signing a new contract?

Demba Ba ‏@dembabafoot

@ConnorTheMag96 i don't man. I just enjoy my holiday. And my guys are working on it. We'll wait to see how far the talks goes

Guest firetotheworks

We're the correct level for him imo. Any step up for him in this league would only benefit that club by depriving us. He wouldn't sufficiently improve the next level up.

We'll hopefully need to cycle players more players if we progress in Europe, can't say we'll replace him with X or Y

as we won't be able to play the same starting XI all season, even if everyone stays fit.

He has been here for one season and was outstanding, to think we could manage to sign anyone better is crazy, I would be gutted to lose him.

We need to keep this team together as much as possible, forget about the ACON its a pain but is should not have any impact on the clubs decision over his deal.

Cisse is an ACON player too, anyone feel he should be sold because of that ?

Connor Davidson ‏@ConnorTheMag96

@dembabafoot whats these rumours saying your not signing a new contract?

Demba Ba ‏@dembabafoot

@ConnorTheMag96 i don't man. I just enjoy my holiday. And my guys are working on it. We'll wait to see how far the talks goes

so, the mirror says he won't talk, the telegraph says the club won't talk, the player himself says they are talking.

Demba Ba ‏@dembabafoot

I love "san antonio SPURS"

:lol: Felipao will be devastated.

Youre right. Hes gone down in my estimation. Whats up with the Magic hats and then SAS Demba? Hes out of his mind. Hes lost it.

Dude that wears a Magic hat and then reps Spurs is a merc. He's leaving.

All of this would hurt more if he'd been scoring, mind.

Good as gone.

Nice and postive then.

As i've said before, IF he goes, lets replace him eh.

7m is alot of money if Cisse is anything to go by.

He's been bollocks since the acon and with another next year while having ramadan and possibly oylimpic games inbetween I really am meh about him leaving. Just a damn shame we couldn't get a full fee: £12m IMO.

Very easily replaced.

Good as gone.

Nice and postive then.

As i've said before, IF he goes, lets replace him eh.

7m is alot of money if Cisse is anything to go by.

He's been bollocks since the acon and with another next year while having ramadan and possibly oylimpic games inbetween I really am meh about him leaving. Just a damn shame we couldn't get a full fee: £12m IMO.

Very easily replaced.

Wrong. Demba is a pretty unique, there aren't many strikers who play like him.

He was unplayable before ACON and every bit as impressive as Cisse was towards the end of the season.