Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

I think people's biggest fear is that he goes late on in the window and we don't get a replacement. We want a resolution ASAP.

yeah i agree about that, a team coming in late with a bid could really screw us over.

I think people's biggest fear is that he goes late on in the window and we don't get a replacement. We want a resolution ASAP.

Exactly i was sort of pleased everything was coming out so early with regards to Debuchy and Ba so we could get everything done and dusted in first 10 or so days of the window.

My biggest nightmare is no CB comes in and Ba leaves on deadline day.

For people saying the money is the issue and not the knee, the knee itself requires huge financial investment.

The purpose of a medical is to establish insurance premiums. A failed medical is when a club either consider the player is too high risk for the clubs ambitions,  or if the insurance premiums push the transfer fee up.

Clubs can probably choose a level of cover, from the bare minimum, to covering the whole transfer fee,  wage,  and agent fee package.

Insurance models are complicated but ultimately the payments a club make will be a percentage of their level of cover.

We don't know Ba's premiums,  but we know that with his knee it is high risk and therefore insurers will charge a high premium to cover their risk.

Picking a random premium,  say 40 pence per pound cover,  insurance is 5 million for the transfer and agent fees, plus an additiona. 25k per week on a 60k wage! 

:lol:

Fkn hell.. IIIII KKKKNNNNOOOWWWWWWW

Was taking the p*ss, oh this plae a times I think we need a resident shrink on here

You called?

You need ya own forum section.. start sessions at 2pm this lot are in melt down

:D

This is a quite brilliant idea. "Ask Parky." It doesn't need to be about Newcastle exclusively, can include personal issues, conspiracy updates, IT help.