Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

They're all w*****s mate.

Aye, I know, man.    :embarrassed:

Perhaps I need to get off me high horse about him (post the same sort of thing on Footymad whenever the issue comes up)...just think you need to draw the line somewhere, y'know? And, personally, the line is longer than just a year.

Fair enough. :thup:

A front six of:

Sissoko Tiote Cabaye

Gouffran Ba Remy

Looks pretty nice to me though.

They're all w*****s mate.

Aye, I know, man.    :embarrassed:

Perhaps I need to get off me high horse about him (post the same sort of thing on Footymad whenever the issue comes up)...just think you need to draw the line somewhere, y'know? And, personally, the line is longer than just a year.

Fair enough. :thup:

A front six of:

Sissoko Tiote Cabaye

Gouffran Ba Remy

Looks pretty nice to me though.

True enough, it does, like.  O0

Think Remy would be more effective there too. (and a more consistent Benny for Goofy?)

I'd most definitely take Ba back. Besides, he already took his punishment when Colo's boot hit his face.

^ My feelings about a Ba return are still the same. He's a proven goalscorer in this league and would no doubt improve our frontline, especially when we've seen that he can score goals out of nothing.

Demba Ba is 28ish and has a "knee" issue. We took a bit of a punt on a free transfer and we got considerable value for the money we paid him. We then got someone to pay reasonable money (buyout clause) to buy him and offloaded the injury risk. That's the way the club will see it. Suited us and suited him.

Unless Chelsea would look at a loan I can't see any sort of deal and even then I'm not sure what effort he would put in for a half season loan?

We need a new striker who is mobile, physical, (and maybe can also score a goal) and should look for someone new to the club with something to prove.

What if the options are Ba on loan or nobody? Which is very realistic.

can't see Ashley and Co going for him at all tbh. To me it looked like they were sick of dealing with his "entourage" and now hes on an even higher wage which we won't match. And as far as I can tell the loan opinion remains around loan to buy options

Guest chopey

I would have him back in a heartbeat, just so that when Cabaye knocks the ball into the box there might be somebody there to meet it 

Best striker we have had at the club since Shearer IMO. Saying that, I would only sign him if we had an agreement it would be permanent. Remy and Ba in the same side could realistically push us on the brink of CL qualification. But we would need to be certain at least one of them would be made permanent.

I doubt Ba's current form is anywhere close to where it was when he left us. He hardly gets a game and when he does he isn't exactly banging the goals in. Maybe he would recapture his form with regular games. I would have him back if he was cheap or on loan. Whatever happens, NUFC are going to have to buy some strikers in this transfer window or the next. Shola (a non-goal scoring striker) and Remy could both be gone at the end of the season. That leaves us with Cisse.

Wanted him gone last year as i thought he restricted the team and Cisse. However, Cisse is now fucking gash and Ba would fit into the team perfectly in the middle with Remy going back wide left and bringing HBA in on the right.

Demba Ba is 28ish and has a "knee" issue. We took a bit of a punt on a free transfer and we got considerable value for the money we paid him. We then got someone to pay reasonable money (buyout clause) to buy him and offloaded the injury risk. That's the way the club will see it. Suited us and suited him.

Unless Chelsea would look at a loan I can't see any sort of deal and even then I'm not sure what effort he would put in for a half season loan?

We need a new striker who is mobile, physical, (and maybe can also score a goal) and should look for someone new to the club with something to prove.

Aye, bang on.

This season is nigh on finished, we might aswell blood a new striker in the hope we can push on next season.

• 3 weeks later...
Torres injury stopped Ba Turkey move

Chelsea striker Demba Ba was on his way to Turkish club Trabzonspor until Blues colleague Fernando Torres suffered a knee injury against Manchester United last weekend.

Trabzonspor president Ibrahim Haciosmanoglu said a seven million pound deal to sign Ba had been in place until Torres, a substitute in the 3-1 win over the faltering champions, was hurt.

After his injury, Blues manager Jose Mourinho confirmed: "The next few weeks is Demba and Samuel [Eto'o], and I hope they do well for us."

And that has left Trabzonspor needing to look elsewhere, with Haciosmanoglu telling reporters: "We had agreed terms with Demba Ba."

However, the Turkish club may still revive a move for Ba during the summer transfer window.

http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1691294/demba-ba-trabzonspor-move-scuppered-fernando-torres-injury?cc=4716