Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

It is a good buy for Chelsea but it's not a straight up 7.5m is it, once you throw in the ludcrious agent fees and everything else it's more like 15m. Still that's nowt for Chelsea really is it

All speculation to be honest. Also, do people think Ba is the only player with an agent that wants a slice of the pie, or even wants to be paid, as I've seen people include wages into these calculations too? Hopefully we will be paying some agent a heft sum right now to bring in Debuchy. That's just how football works.

I hope Demba and his representatives have the decency to get this done ASAP instead of dragging it out.

I can't blame NUFC at all on this one. If they had offered the same as Chelsea he would have still gone. The club done well to get him in on a free albeit with that clause in it.

Chelsea have got a right bargain at £7 million but I think because he was bought on the cheap, he won't get anywhere near the patience Torres has been afforded if he hits a bad spell (which I think he is prone to).

Nowt against Demba but "decency" doesn't exist in the dictionary of those who are pulling the strings on this deal.

Disappointing to get Ba pulled at the last minute, not a help to our preparations.  I wish Demba all the best though, he has been class for us and I don't begrudge him the move if he really wants it, although I would rather he stayed. Disgusting work from his vulture agents, what is a club supposed to do when they are constantly in the players ears trying to unease their happiness.

We need an immediate response from our board. I am afraid that we will get fannying about for the next two weeks before we approach getting a replacement in. .

A lot will depend on whether Cisse can get back to his previous goalscoring form, and quickly. I have no doubt he has the quality to do it, I'm just a little anxious that he may not for some reason.

He's certainly lacking of confidence now, and I doubt he'll suddenly get it back only cause he's back to central. And the huge pressure he'll have to bear now won't help him either. I think it will mostly depend on his personality and how well he'll be able to cope with all these things.

I've no doubt Cisse will rediscover his goalscoring touch. He and Ba were moving into the same spaces a lot when they played up top together which didn't help his situation. Following that he was stuck out on the right hand side. I reckon he'll be buoyed by the news that Ba is going because he can be the main man again, and I reckon he'll start by scoring tonight.

Brilliant this like. Go to the states for 4 days and its footballing 'soccer' vacuum. Come back to a drubbing from Arsenal and now Ba is f***ing this game off to be a bit parter at Chelsea. 2013 off to a flyer. Thank god Danny Simpson hasn't....WHHAAATTT?!!!

There are more games televised here.  :lol:

A lot will depend on whether Cisse can get back to his previous goalscoring form, and quickly. I have no doubt he has the quality to do it, I'm just a little anxious that he may not for some reason.

He's certainly lacking of confidence now, and I doubt he'll suddenly get it back only cause he's back to central. And the huge pressure he'll have to bear now won't help him either. I think it will mostly depend on his personality and how well he'll be able to cope with all these things.

That goal at Old Trafford will have done his confidence the world of good.

So for the second year on the trot we are about to suffer the indignity of losing the leagues best centre forward in a chain created by the same 2 odious clubs Chelsea & Liverpool.  Their spoilt fans see unwavering investment on the field all the time year in year out.

Even Wigan & Reading have been quickly strengthening ahead of us since the window opened.

I'm even more p*ssed off with Pardew over this pandering to Ba then I ever have been. It was never sustainable to try and keep him here by promising him his favourite position, and now he's wasted half a season trying to pull it off, just totally wrong.

He was benched. Unfairly too. Then he just kept on scoring. You tend to pander to the in-form players.

So for the second year on the trot we are about to suffer the indignity of losing the leagues best centre forward in a chain created by the same 2 odious clubs Chelsea & Liverpool.  Their spoilt fans see unwavering investment on the field all the time year in year out.

Even Wigan & Reading have been quickly strengthening ahead of us since the window opened.

Carroll was the January before last so its twice in three years.

Guest Eggenberger

It is a good buy for Chelsea but it's not a straight up 7.5m is it, once you throw in the ludcrious agent fees and everything else it's more like 15m.

And how the fack would you know? :lol: Did they call you and inform you of their fees like?

http://www.dot-ie.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/nigerian_scam.gif

Carroll was the January before last so its twice in three years.

Yeah, last January was the one where we signed the leagues best forward actually.  :)

I'm pretty amused by the ongoing assertion that Ba's agents are evil incarnate and that he's just going along with whatever they say. They've clearly got a lucrative joint venture going that's benefiting both parties.

Absolutely and we got to remember Ba is an adult, lives in a free society and has total power over who he represents his interests.

Wouldn't call Ba the best centre forward in the league like.