Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

I reckon he will outscore Carroll this season, if he stays fit like. Once he gets one I think he'll go on a decent little run. Hopefully it starts on Sunday :thup: .

I'll go a quid with you.

Every goal Ba scores more than Carroll and I'll make it a quid a goal. You can give me a quid for every goal Carroll finishes ahead. (prem only)

So far I owe you a quid and you owe me a fiver ? :troll:

Guest iheartthetoons

Ba's premiership conversion rate is 71% :D

Very impressive.

Emigrated here from RAWK have you?  :shifty:

Newcastle Mad, but also do post on RAWK, and a host of other boards!

I really, REALLY think he will score a ridiculous amount of goals. Fair enough pre-premier league you could look at it and say well yeah Germany is tough but that doesn't mean he will make it here and who are the rest? However it just shows he has scored lots of goals wherever he has played. I was concerned it might just be the wrong club for him when he started poorly but again he is banging in the goals now settled.

As Sewelly said, I can see him being the signing of the season, said it before but if he was English how much would he have cost if under contract? 25 year old who has his career record, fucking lots.

Will be one of the signings of the season. Invaluable to have such a natural goalscorer in the side - plus I think we're seeing a bit more to his game now too.

For me, he's a £10m player. His last 2 transfers were only cheap because of injury fears and contract loopholes.

Will be one of the signings of the season. Invaluable to have such a natural goalscorer in the side - plus I think we're seeing a bit more to his game now too.

For me, he's a £10m player. His last 2 transfers were only cheap because of injury fears and contract loopholes.

I think he's worth more than that imo. His goalscoring record is up there with the top players and unlike Bent he offers a lot more in general play.

If we did spend £10m on him, there'd be a lot less noise about 'failing to sign a striker'. Yet here we are.

If we spent £10m on Cabaye, £8m on Marveaux, £15m on Ben Arfa, £12m on Tiote etc...

I'm really glad our gamble signing him has paid off so far, he's bound to get injured sooner or later, but helping us to this start has made him worth the risk already imo. Got us some proper momentum going, and won us precious points.

Guest iheartthetoons

woah woah woah, iheartthetoons. Your avatar!?!?!?!

I didn't know you had it :(

I just find him smecxy.

I appriciate the fact you love Yohan too! Especially his body, I'm dreamy eyed thinking of it...

He is yummy.

But don't worry, it is annoying having someone else who has your piccy :)

Guest iheartthetoons

woah woah woah, iheartthetoons. Your avatar!?!?!?!

Thought it was you but then looked at the username oops.

No confusion now!