Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

12 goals in 17 prem games, seems to go along with his career stats. Think it's fair to say he is the proven goalscorer we never signed in the summer :pow:

Who said we never signed a proven goal scorer in the summer?

People were angry that we didn't spend the Carroll money on another striker, but I'm pretty sure every body was happy with us bringing in Ba, due to his goal scoring record and the ability that he showed at West Ham.

People were angry that we didn't spend the Carroll money on another striker, but I'm pretty sure every body was happy with us bringing in Ba, due to his goal scoring record and the ability that he showed at West Ham.

Am angry.

We need another quality striker.

Are you really of the belief that people weren't calling him shit and saying "we haven't signed a striker" after he had signed?

Not sure if you are on the WUM and I really can't be arsed searching but if it REALLY needs to I am sure I can drag up plenty of posts. My whole sig came from someone saying our failure to sign a proven goalscorer was shocking.

Ok, after about 105 minutes a lot people were calling him shit then backtracked to say "well he looked shit at the time" and a lot didn't seem all that happy that he was free either.

I'm not going to get into this debate and re-write of history but it can't be disputed that in his early days here he was written off by quite a few (I remember him being mentioned alongside Shola and Loven) and we had "failed to sign a proven goalscorer".

Trust you to turn a tongue in cheek, humble pie comment that we could all laugh at into some serious debate :lol:

Looks a different player that started the season, could be a real bargain if he continues like this. Thought this was his best match for us off the ball, was everywhere chasing everything and finally got to see that pace we'd been promised.

Took his goal very well, and general play was great. Very impressed.

Yup. Seems to have really found his form now. Everything about him impresses me. I know it's early days, but I think I'd rather have him than Carroll, simply because his movement's better and he's got more pace about him.

Took his goal very well, and general play was great. Very impressed.

Yup. Seems to have really found his form now. Everything about him impresses me. I know it's early days, but I think I'd rather have him than Carroll, simply because his movement's better and he's got more pace about him.

Definitely. Posted my preferred formation for next week in the pre-match thread, but would love to see him with Barfa playing off him.