Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

Can write thousands of words about the team's spirit and positive feeling in the club but I thought his reaction to our goal on Saturday when he was on the bench said a lot.

Saw the match, don't remember what he did - care to share?

Can write thousands of words about the team's spirit and positive feeling in the club but I thought his reaction to our goal on Saturday when he was on the bench said a lot.

Saw the match, don't remember what he did - care to share?

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/10/24/newcastle-united-1-wigan-athletic-0-72703-29643261/

This link has a nice photo.

Nothing extraordinary really, but when you look at some of the brats who've warmed man city and a few other clubs benches it's good to see a substituted player celebrating a goal like it really means something to him.

From that article:

"Cast your minds back to the 2008/09 season and the Premier League table after nine games had Hull sitting pretty in third place with one point more than the Magpies at this stage."

:scared:

From that article:

"Cast your minds back to the 2008/09 season and the Premier League table after nine games had Hull sitting pretty in third place with one point more than the Magpies at this stage."

:lol:

That Hull side was absolutely shit mind. They had some wonder goals from Giovanni to win them two or three games. We've played very good stuff at times this season.

From that article:

Really? Didn't know they started that well :lol:

From that article:

Really? Didn't know they started that well :lol:

Neither did I. They pretty much completely capitulated for the whole of the second half of the season mind...

Looking at it another way, even though they only won 1 game in their following 9 games, they were still in 6th after 18 games.

Shows the benefit of getting off to a good start, they just spectacularly messed it up after that even moreso.

Every non-Newcastle fan I know can't wait to get their "I told you so"s in once we fall outside the top four. It's bizarre. Obviously I don't know every Newcastle fan, but from what I've seen/heard, most fans seem to be level-headed and humble at our relatively successful start to the season.