Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

Look closely 9:34 minutes into the nufcTV highlights and Demba blanks Walters who tries to shake his hand. :lol:

After that when Mike Dean tries to keep the match ball  :lol: Actually starting to like Dean. He's good at explaining his desicions and it looks like the players understand when he does that.

Most Prolific Strikers in 2011 in top 5 European Leagues.

Cristiano Ronaldo - 33 goals in 28 games (1.18 per game)

Robin van Persie - 28 in 27 (1.04)

Mario Gomez - 28 in 27 (1.04)

Lionel Messi - 27 in 29 (0.93)

Antonio Di Natale - 24 in 27 (0.89)

Gonzalo Higuain - 13 in 15 (0.87)

Sergio Aguero - 22 in 28 (0.79)

Arjen Robben - 14 in 18 (0.78)

Edinson Cavani - 20 in 26 (0.77)

Demba Ba - 15 in 21 (0.71)

Kevin Gameiro - 22 in 31 (0.71)

Wayne Rooney - 19 in 27 (0.70)

Karim Benzema - 18 in 26 (0.69)

In decent company there.

Not being a bender, alright maybe I am but he's more muscular than I thought.  Always looked really rangey and gangly I thought but he's starting to boss players a bit more now.  I guess when he was settling in and also fasting it obviously affected his game and I thought he looked a bit weak for his size.

He was a man on a mission against Stoke, was charging about like a bull, hopefully he keeps it up, as if he says there is still more to come  :D

Don't think he was given enough credit for his first goal yesterday by the commentators- was still quite a difficult header

Agreed.

Yeah, it was a great finish. The position on the pitch made it look easy, but it was a really nice cushioned header in exactly the spot the keeper couldn't get to.

Don't think he was given enough credit for his first goal yesterday by the commentators- was still quite a difficult header

Agreed.

Yeah, it was a great finish. The position on the pitch made it look easy, but it was a really nice cushioned header in exactly the spot the keeper couldn't get to.

Yep, the old footballing cliche, head it back in the direction it came, or something like that.  The keeper's momentum was going the other way and it was a clever finish I thought

Just remembered something both my mackem mate and Man U supporting mate (I know, I know) said to me back in July: "Demba Ba is a terrible signing, he won't score goals." Fools.

My mackem school friend was insisting we were going to get relegated even until a few weeks ago. He's normally quite sensible as well.

Just remembered something both my mackem mate and Man U supporting mate (I know, I know) said to me back in July: "Demba Ba is a terrible signing, he won't score goals." Fools.

My mackem school friend was insisting we were going to get relegated even until a few weeks ago. He's normally quite sensible as well.

Thankfully all my mackem mates are sound and do speak sense 95% of the time. However, my Man U supporting mate talks bollocks 95% of the time when it comes to NUFC (still a canny lad like).

Guest Howaythetoon

His first goal, the header, the way he repositioned his body, it was fantastic. What I like about him is that you sense there is even more to come, that he can do more. I was speaking to the Hammers fan client of ours about him today and he said when he runs at defenders he's quite tricky and can skip past people for fun. He threatened to do it once or twice against Stoke. We need to see more of that.

He's got everything you want from a striker. Quick, strong, good in the air, gets goals, collects the ball deep, decent technique. I reckon he's perfect on his own up front as well.

Masterful piece of business.

All of his goals have come with another striker on the pitch. :lol: