Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

Eh? Best only had a slight knock. Agree on the sub today though especially when it went 4-2, made more sense than the jobs for lads subs that were made as per City.

I think those are the subs Pards makes when he's conceding defeat - he doesn't want to risk his better players for the sake of it (think Tiote v Stevenage)

That wouldn't work. He needs someone next to him prepared to roll their sleeves up and graft.

The fact that he played alongside Shola today and scored two suggests otherwise.

Shola is basically poor, but he's very capable of turning a lot of loose balls into solid possession. That's certainly something that Ba needs.

He's also capable of turning solid possession into loose balls. That's certainly something that Ba doesn't need.

Had a proper  :spit: moment reading this :lol:

:lol:

Guest VaVaVoom

He has been fantastic. 11 goals before christmas is form of a top striker and remember he has had 3 or 4 poor games too where he should of scored.

Nailed on for 20+ this season. Long may it continue.

It just clicked in my head which goal his second yesterday reminded me of - Laurent Robert vs Arsenal, when he jinked (past Vieira I think) from his right foot on to his left foot and curled the ball round the dive of the keeper from a similar range with impetuous confidence.

Ain't no thang.

He has been fantastic. 11 goals before christmas is form of a top striker and remember he has had 3 or 4 poor games too where he should of scored.

Nailed on for 20+ this season. Long may it continue.

Don't jinx it, the last thing we need is an injury to wor Demba.

Guest VaVaVoom

I've got Demba for top scorer at 20/1 just before Stoke. Hopefully, Van Persie turns uber shit as i can only see him challenging him for top scorer.

Rooney? Aguero? Dzeko?

Ba wont be top scorer...Would love it if he was though.

I've got Demba for top scorer at 20/1 just before Stoke. Hopefully, Van Persie turns uber shit as i can only see him challenging him for top scorer.

Rooney? Aguero? Dzeko?

Ba wont be top scorer...Would love it if he was though.

He is level with all of those, can't see why he can't be. Especially as Aguero and Dzeko will be rested more than Ba due to the class City have in their squad.

I got him at 80/1 at the start of the season.  Won't happen though, he won't catch Van Persie, and I think Rooney and one of the City strikers will beat him too.

I thought his first was better than his second.

Beating the offside trap with ease, killing the ball coming over his shoulder dead and then casually finishing with the same foot, just oozed class.  Both quality goals mind.

Ruthless finisher.  Certainly going to miss him when he goes away to the ACN.