Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

1756: On a serious note, do you think any of the top six sides may take a look at Demba Ba in January? He is scoring all sorts of goals at the moment. A free-kick the other day, headers, scrappy goals like today's effort. He and Gary Cahill had a right old battle as well, he can mix it up. I'll start the bidding at, say £8m? Who will buy?

wtf BBC?? we're one frickin point off the "top six sides". gahhhh.

Guest kingdawson

Ba was obviously gone to be a success. He showed at West Ham what a quality player he is and the only concern was his apparent injury problems (which has been exaggerated to great lengths imo). He's an awesome striker who i hoped we were going to sign when he was available.

You also got rid of that overrated herb Carroll. I said on here before he was vastly overrated but hardly anyone agreed at the time (he was still at your club). He's been the ultimate failure at Liverpool and i usually have a smile on my face when Dalglish decides to pick him ahead of Bellamy.

1756: On a serious note, do you think any of the top six sides may take a look at Demba Ba in January? He is scoring all sorts of goals at the moment. A free-kick the other day, headers, scrappy goals like today's effort. He and Gary Cahill had a right old battle as well, he can mix it up. I'll start the bidding at, say £8m? Who will buy?

What the hell is that. What a bunch of stirrers.

Ba was obviously gone to be a success. He showed at West Ham what a quality player he is and the only concern was his apparent injury problems (which has been exaggerated to great lengths imo). He's an awesome striker who i hoped we were going to sign when he was available.

You also got rid of that overrated herb Carroll. I said on here before he was vastly overrated but hardly anyone agreed at the time (he was still at your club). He's been the ultimate failure at Liverpool and i usually have a smile on my face when Dalglish decides to pick him ahead of Bellamy.

Because he wasn't. He was odds on to be the next-best England striker.

£8m?.. 8 million pounds???!!!!!  :kasper:

14 goals in 16 starts in the Premiership and they've got the fucking moronic audacity to talk about £8 million fucking quid for the lad.. I'm fucking seething! :lol:

That's why I asked. Have any notable January transfers gone through for players away at the ACoN before? Would be rather awkward to arrange, surely?

I imagine it would depend on the players agent or if the player wanted to push a deal through. I can't see it happening in this case, thankfully.

Guest kingdawson

Because he wasn't. He was odds on to be the next-best England striker.

Oh he sure was. He was always a decent player but when the papers were linking him to us for 20m i nearly vomited.

He was "odds on to be the next best England striker" by the media who got excited that he was a target man type striker that seemed to be decent on his feet (to me he has a decent long range shot but anything else related to his footwork is pretty meh). He's similar to Bobby Zamora in his game (well better aerally but much weaker on the ground).

Such a classless topic to start.

Nobody wants to sell him, but its just a sign of the fucking arrogance of the BBC to see them talking about such a paltry figure for arguably the top striker in the league at the moment, if he played for Manure they'd be quoting £50m

Nobody will pay big money for him due to the medical factor, he's ours for a while

bump.

would take a very powerful manager with lots of boardroom clout to push through such a transfer against the advice of medical, insurance and money men.