Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

I think Giroud was signed with some measure of desperation. Given Arsenal's wage / financial policy, he was the best one available. Ba would come into the same category.

What Arsenal really need to hitch them on to the next level is a Bergkamp / Henry / Van Persie, but they can't land or keep ones of that quality any more.

I still think Giroud will prove to be good in long term, I think he's just struggled to adapt and lost some confidence. Maybe wrong club but don't think he's a bad striker

He will 'come good' in the sense he will contribute, but he's fairly limited ultimately.

Notice there has been no tweet from Demba rubbishing any of this stuff.. There has been in the past but not this time.

He's never rubbished stuff in a 'I'm not leaving' way. He's loving every second of this tbh.

Yeah i should have used "played down" not "rubbished"

I watched the video. He knows what he was saying/doing, otherwise why go through the trouble of going on TV and risking the wrath of the management the following morning?

He's clearly frustrated about how things are going for the club atm but to basically have a go at the club in public is not the way to go (Cabaye too btw...).

Notice there has been no tweet from Demba rubbishing any of this stuff.. There has been in the past but not this time.

He's never rubbished stuff in a 'I'm not leaving' way. He's loving every second of this tbh.

I watched the video. He knows what he was saying/doing, otherwise why go through the trouble of going on TV and risking the wrath of the management the following morning?

He's clearly frustrated about how things are going for the club atm but to basically have a go at the club in public is not the way to go (Cabaye too btw...).

Cabaye had a go at the club? Or did Ba have a go at Cabaye?

Cabaye had a go at the club? Or did Ba have a go at Cabaye?

Cabaye basically criticised our style of play, saying it was too defensive and narrow. Basically what we're all thinking really.

I think Giroud was signed with some measure of desperation. Given Arsenal's wage / financial policy, he was the best one available. Ba would come into the same category.

What Arsenal really need to hitch them on to the next level is a Bergkamp / Henry / Van Persie, but they can't land or keep ones of that quality any more.

Spot on.

“I didn’t see anything wrong with his interview.

“I don’t think any player at any football club is going to say their philosophy is the same as the manager.

“I didn’t when I was working with Steve Coppell (at Crystal Palace) but I still admired him and understood what he is about and learned a great deal off him.”

Read More http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2012/12/20/demba-ba-escapes-fine-over-his-controversial-comments-72703-32464733/#ixzz2Fae0ThqW

You have quoted Pardew commenting on when Ben Arfa did the same thing.

“I didn’t see anything wrong with his interview.

“I don’t think any player at any football club is going to say their philosophy is the same as the manager.

“I didn’t when I was working with Steve Coppell (at Crystal Palace) but I still admired him and understood what he is about and learned a great deal off him.”

Read More http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2012/12/20/demba-ba-escapes-fine-over-his-controversial-comments-72703-32464733/#ixzz2Fae0ThqW

Aren't they Pards quotes in relation to the HBA interview?

He's not and never will be an Arsenal player. My brother in law has a season ticket there and he said to me Ba can dream on. I'd be very surprised if he ended up there. Wenger goes for players who move around, tippy tappy types, who can play in a number of positions and roles, because that's how they play. Ba would slow their attacks down and isolate their attacking play to a more central area. Arsenal are all about pockets of space and holes and they like to move the ball on quickly. Its rumoured that Wenger gets p*ssed off if one of his player takes more than x amount of touches on the ball or holds a position for too long.

I can't see him at Liverpool either because Rodgers is trying to develop a similar pass pass pass move move move type game and Ba just doesn't fit that style.

Anyway... I hope he stays because he's our most important player.

Tbf Wenger's signed Giroud & Chamakh who are never Arsenal players and can't score.

He's not and never will be an Arsenal player. My brother in law has a season ticket there and he said to me Ba can dream on. I'd be very surprised if he ended up there. Wenger goes for players who move around, tippy tappy types, who can play in a number of positions and roles, because that's how they play. Ba would slow their attacks down and isolate their attacking play to a more central area. Arsenal are all about pockets of space and holes and they like to move the ball on quickly. Its rumoured that Wenger gets p*ssed off if one of his player takes more than x amount of touches on the ball or holds a position for too long.

I can't see him at Liverpool either because Rodgers is trying to develop a similar pass pass pass move move move type game and Ba just doesn't fit that style.

Anyway... I hope he stays because he's our most important player.

Tbf Wenger's signed Giroud & Chamakh who are never Arsenal players and can't score.

Why is Giroud not? He's only been in this country a matter of months. Foreign player in taking time to settle shocker.

Arsenal strikers imo pacy & strong, or exceptionally technically gifted #10. RVP, Bergkamp, Henry, Adebayour, Wright, Wiltord heck even Kanu could do some amazing things.

Giroud's not fast and he doesn't have that Arsenal touch, Dennis, Robin & Nwankwu have. Imo Berbatov's an Arsenal man, Sturridge could've been an Arsenal man. Giroud's not. Not to say he won't go on to be a great player for them but he marks a shift from the traditional mould. Nothing wrong with that. People have said they need a no-dilly striker on their books and he might be the man.

Arsenal strikers imo pacy & strong, or exceptionally technically gifted #10. RVP, Bergkamp, Henry, Adebayour, Wright, Wiltord heck even Kanu could do some amazing things.

Giroud's not fast and he doesn't have that Arsenal touch, Dennis, Robin & Nwankwu have. Imo Berbatov's an Arsenal man, Sturridge could've been an Arsenal man. Giroud's not. Not to say he won't go on to be a great player for them but he marks a shift from the traditional mould. Nothing wrong with that. People have said they need a no-dilly striker on their books and he might be the man.

Don't rate Giroud at all.