Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

Kinda feel sorry for Chelsea. They're signing a CL striking equivalent of Danny Simpson. No doubt Ba will be pointing and mouthing off at Hazard and Mata when they pass the ball into his feet and it bounces away from his big clown feet.

Did he shag your lass or something?  :laugh:

Not surprised in the slightest that he's off and won't miss the 'will he/won't he' debacle every time a window comes around.

He's done fantastically well but is inevitably going to be an Anelka, working his way from signing on fee to signing on fee in order to fund his brothers/advisors/pals/cousins etc etc.

I never really took to the guy for that reason. This was only ever going to be a short term relationship and, in many respects, it's nice to just get it out of the way and move on.

I tend to agree with this.

Incredibly popular at first, once the clause was first made public by Redknapp and it became clear that he didn't want to sign a new deal without it, it has been an uneasy relationship between him and the club.

Nobody can accuse him of letting that affect his performances, which is massively to his credit, but ever since the Everton game, this has had a sense of inevitability about it. Ba obviously thought he should be untouchable and that is not good for the team no matter who the player is.

Of course he'll be second choice, the first choice cost £50m. Not sure what the problem is there.

The longing after first team football, is that not the all mighty holy grail ? leave 1st team football to sit on the bench

Why can't Chelsea play two strikers? ???

Ro many highly paid midfielders to keep happy

If Ba goes there and starts banging in a goal or 2 most times he's given the chance then of course he'll get plenty of time on the pitch in the short term. However I think he'll have a problem in the medium to long term as he'll never be a big enough name for them and they'll spend fortunes trying to force him down the pecking order so he's not much more than a squad player. He'll probably be off by then anyway so it won't matter too much to either party.

So who would be the so called replacement then?  Remy is the obvious one, but have we something else cooking?

The other ones i have heard is Aubameyang from St Etienne and Rodrigo from Benfica can't say i know much outside of Fifa and FM but both seem to be highly rated especially Aubameyang.

Thanks for the goals Ba, and we'll miss them for sure, but in everyone's interest I think for him to move on. Cisse needs to step up now though, and if Ameobi is off to ACON then we are ridiculously light up front. If we can get in a decent replacement (Remy would do), secure Mathieu and bring in another quality CB then we'll be better off in the long run I think. But I know we have no control over the situation but it's an incredibly risky situation for a relegation candidate to lose their top score by a wide margin, in January.

Guest Roy the Irish Magpie

So who would be the so called replacement then?  Remy is the obvious one, but have we something else cooking?

The other ones i have heard is Aubameyang from St Etienne and Rodrigo from Benfica can't say i know much outside of Fifa and FM but both seem to be highly rated especially Aubameyang.

Well what you know in fifa ignore it, never judge a player based on what they're like in that game hahaha. They had Carroll above 80 overall before ffs.

Football manager is definitely more trust worthy by the sounds of it. I don't play the game but I've heard a lot of "Wonder kids" it has successfully predicted to come good.

Yeh still in a way Liverpool has partly played a role in us losing Ba to Chelsea, they are forcing through the signing of Sturridge thus leading Chelsea to secure a back up striker that is Demba.

Guest hatem garrincha

Yeah i know  :lol:

Just saying that's were my knowledge of those players is limited to, so basically nothing.

I hear good things but i have not seen enough to provide a decent opinion.

Aubameyang is a very very good player.

Guest Eggenberger

This could be a blessing in disguise really for the good of the team.

Cant wait to get rid of the player scoring 80% of our goals myself either.

Just saying that's were my knowledge of those players is limited to, so basically nothing.

just looked at some "Experts" opinions on this Aubameyang guy.

Here's what I got from them

- Great speed, very quick

- Decent at performing a few tricks

- Shit passer, too greedy, doesn't link up with his team mates well

Guest hatem garrincha

- s*** passer, too greedy, doesn't link up with his team mates well

Well those "experts" speak bollocks.

- s*** passer, too greedy, doesn't link up with his team mates well

Well those "experts" speak bollocks.

Haha perhaps so. That's why I put the experts part in quotations haha.

Cant wait to get rid of the player scoring 80% our team's goals myself either.

Better?

80% of our goals mean nothing if we're not playing well. I'd say it's rather a sign of a dysfunctional team to be so reliant on one player.

Guest Eggenberger

Cant wait to get rid of the player scoring 80% of our goals myself either.

Are you suggesting Ba is some sort of Darren Bent, a tap in striker that relies on an entire squad having to be built around him, usurping goals from the entire team?

If so Im not having it. Its total bollocks. If anything Ba is rather a poor mans Zlatan, a total striker able to furfill a host of different roles depending on whats required of him.

Can hold up the ball, shoot, tap in, hold up defenders and more.

I hope for our sake our team will start to perform better and by all means if it was Ba causing us to play shite and just hoof it to him - happy days.

I doubt it though, he has become a scapegoat for those unable to cope with him leaving us without flinging mud.