Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

Seems like everyone wants him to go now, regardless of his goals. Different story yesterday.  :lol:

I don't want him to go, but the bridges are probably burnt now. If the uncertainty was causing problems before, it certainly will be now. If he's going to go, we need it over and done with ASAP.

For me very little has changed. He wanted away before this Chelsea news, his agents have been doing all they can before this to make it happen.I want to see Cisse in the middle and we won't replace him till he's gone. All this was applicable yesterday, the difference is minor IMO.

People are now just worried well be stuck with him and changed their stance. Not as easy to be stuck up his arse today (not aimed at you btw - I can't remember your stance tbh) when his greed shows its face without any doubt and to a detrimental effect towards the club. Is always been that way btw.

Is it really a fact that he wanted away? Isn't it as much a fact that we wanted him out?  Yes he's looking for a better deal, but as the Chelsea saga shows, unless he gets a deal he's happy with he's not going to move.

The demands must be proper Joan Collins for Chelsea to say no, like. :lol:

If Chelsea are refusing to pay his demands then that surely rules out a lot of clubs. In Europe it must be only Man City and PSG (plus a handful of Russian clubs) who can afford him- or daft enough to pay him. I think his agent could really scupper a move for him.

Seems like everyone wants him to go now, regardless of his goals. Different story yesterday.  :lol:

I don't want him to go, but the bridges are probably burnt now. If the uncertainty was causing problems before, it certainly will be now. If he's going to go, we need it over and done with ASAP.

Exactly. His goals have been great for us and he's a great player but if is going to go and the uncertainty is unsettling the other players who do want to stay then the sooner he goes or committs to us the better.

Does anyone believe Chelsea wouldn't pay him enough btw? Because otherwise I'm wondering how talks would have broken down if he's a greedy c*** and all about the money.

This is what I was on about yesterday. Chelsea will probably know about the terms of his current deal, and may only look to improve it slightly, in the hope that he would have no other choice - having seemingly burned his bridges here. Other clubs will look at this and ask themselves if they can afford him when Chelsea can't?

Clever negotiations by Chelsea if this is the case.

Exactly. His goals have been great for us and he's a great player but if is going to go and the uncertainty is unsettling the other players who do want to stay then the sooner he goes or committs to us the better.

Again, I would point out that this talk of him moving has been going on for a year now, yet he's still here. Harry Redknapp was still the manager of Spurs when he first kicked all this off. I don't think Ba's going anywhere unless the move suits him.

According to a Chelsea forum they're going after Kenwyne Jones now :lol:

I'd take Kenwyne Jones in a heartbeat mind.

:lol:

Kenwyne Jones and Stuart Downing. That's my idea of hell.

According to a kid who's been very accurate with team information this season Pardew has targeted Downing to play on the left of a front 3 of HBA and Cisse.

According to a kid who's been very accurate with team information this season Pardew has targeted Downing to play on the left of a front 3 of HBA and Cisse.

there would be no logical reason for a move like that unless he was free, therefore i'm taking it as a wind up

there would be no logical reason for a move like that unless he was free, therefore i'm taking it as a wind up

Not me winding anyone up, i think he was being serious but agree that i couldn't see us parting with the money for him.

Excellent news.

It would be if it wasn't obvious that he's being hawked around all over the world by his agents and still highly likely to leave.....

This is obviously going to drag on and on.

He'll still be doing the business on the pitch which is all I care about tbh.

Excellent news.

It would be if it wasn't obvious that he's being hawked around all over the world by his agents and still highly likely to leave.....

That's because you struggle massively to look at the bigger picture.

He needs to get rid of his panoply of 'agents'.

I don't think he wants to, his gang of hangers-on seem pretty proud of what they do. His brother (the one who was so critical about him being dropped at Everton) uses the hashtag 'entourage' to accompany pictures of them all the time, as some sort of badge. If Ba doesn't have a family of his own and is comfortable with paying for others' lifestyles then fair enough IMO. It's just his mates following him around.

Excellent news.

That's because you struggle massively to look at the bigger picture.

There's a manager who's paid to do that. Why keep picking Ba ahead of Cisse if he's such a stroppy cunt as everyone here seems to have assumed?

It is very disappointing to think that he wants to leave. After becoming such an icon last season and this season you would think he's made a home for himself, but his agent is clearly in his ear at every opportunity. Demba's got pretty much everything he could want at NUFC, despite the club having a very rough season this time out.

If his agent was telling him that he thinks he should move because he's at a club with little ambition then fair enough, I can understand that, but if it's for the money and Demba agrees with that then that is deeply, deeply disappointing.

And as for this knee theory, I'm not a medical expert but I think the media have blown it so far out of proportion. As Ba said himself, we're all a 'ticking timebomb'. Any players knee could go at any time; one freak tackle or awkward landing and that's their season/career over. Look at Ryan Taylor, I don't remember anyone tipping him for knee trouble. I do appreciate that he's getting on with age but its certainly not something that I'm concerned about.

As much as I detest mercenaries and players using clubs as 'stepping stones' I will be gutted if we lose Demba as he is such a quality player and he'll be a huge miss in a vital period in the clubs season and potentially recent history. Modern football is fucking bollocks.

People need to mondernise, all footballers are mercenaries. There is very little tradition and integrity in football these other than what the fans carry for it.

He needs to get rid of his panoply of 'agents'.

I don't think he wants to, his gang of hangers-on seem pretty proud of what they do. His brother (the one who was so critical about him being dropped at Everton) uses the hashtag 'entourage' to accompany pictures of them all the time, as some sort of badge. If Ba doesn't have a family of his own and is comfortable with paying for others' lifestyles then fair enough IMO. It's just his mates following him around.

Reminds me of the entourage that followed Anelka around tbh, he did the business too but his agents were constantly trying to get money for him and offer him to other clubs.