Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

In all honesty: Ben Arfa - Ba - Rémy is a top four quality forward line-up.

It sucks that they'd be managed by a League One manager.

So the two on loan get in the side ahead of our number 9 striker...sure he'll be pleased. Great management.

While i agree, i would hope the manager picks on form, whoever that is.

Would love Pards to have the balls to pick players on form.  Don't think he's every done it once in his time here.  He picks on name only.  We've pretty much got an 11 which are guaranteed a starting place no matter how pish they've been.  No competition for places bar left back slot.  Too many players coasting along.

Considering he was playing Obertan over HBA, MYM and Santon both had spells on the bench on arrival, both Ba and Cisse have been dropped, he withdrew Cisse over Shola only on Saturday so i wouldn't say he just picks the name. He certainly has favourites such as Jonas/Tiote who seem to play regardless of form, understand that more.

Krul

Debuchy  Saylor  Colo  Santon

Ben Arfa  Sissoko  Tiote  Jonas

Remy  Ba

What could be Pardew's preferred line-up.

Guest bimpy474

So the two on loan get in the side ahead of our number 9 striker...sure he'll be pleased. Great management.

Would love Pards to have the balls to pick players on form.  Don't think he's every done it once in his time here.  He picks on name only.  We've pretty much got an 11 which are guaranteed a starting place no matter how pish they've been.  No competition for places bar left back slot.  Too many players coasting along.

Considering he was playing Obertan over HBA, MYM and Santon both had spells on the bench on arrival, both Ba and Cisse have been dropped, he withdrew Cisse over Shola only on Saturday so i wouldn't say he just picks the name. He certainly has favourites such as Jonas/Tiote who seem to play regardless of form, understand that more.

He did back then Brett but we've just watched a whole season of him being so dumb is untrue. I know you hate to accept it but in time you will, Pardew has gone, he's a fading light in your NUFC world. Learn to accept his fate.........for your own sake......:lol:

Krul

Debuchy  Saylor  Colo  Santon

Ben Arfa  Sissoko  Tiote  Jonas

Remy  Ba

What could be Pardew's preferred line-up.

Ben Arfa-Sissoko :aww:

Tiote-Jonas :scared:

He's proven to score goals in Pardews horrendous football. That's a massive bonus and a reason why we should get him back

Only have him back if he's prepared to play on the left wing again and play in a team. No good him coming in and demanding to play striker again and shafting Cisse in the process. His demands was the start of our downfall imo. We played our best football with Ba left Cisse top HBA right, we shouldn't have allowed him to dictate things his own way the following season when all he wanted was a bigger move elsewhere.

A thousand times yes.

Yeah, we did though because the manager's a fucking idiot.

Guest bimpy474

He's proven to score goals in Pardews horrendous football. That's a massive bonus and a reason why we should get him back

Only have him back if he's prepared to play on the left wing again and play in a team. No good him coming in and demanding to play striker again and shafting Cisse in the process. His demands was the start of our downfall imo. We played our best football with Ba left Cisse top HBA right, we shouldn't have allowed him to dictate things his own way the following season when all he wanted was a bigger move elsewhere.

A thousand times yes.

Yeah, we did though because the manager's a fucking idiot.

This.

He did back then Brett but we've just watched a whole season of him being so dumb is untrue. I know you hate to accept it but in time you will, Pardew has gone, he's a fading light in your NUFC world. Learn to accept his fate.........for your own sake......:lol:

I did bold out the point he said.....'don't think he's ever did it in his time here' and as you confirmed 'he did back then', which proves the first point is wrong  :lol:

I'll keep the faith in him turning this around until the light has well and truly been blown, it is fading but i can still see it flickering  :laugh:

A thousand times yes.

Yeah, we did though because the manager's a f***ing idiot.

He was on this occassion, i'll give you that  :lol:

And i'm sure he has been a few more  :aww:

Guest bimpy474

Of the two bids, i think the Gomis one is the serious effort for some reason. Ba seems more like a token effort.

Guest bimpy474

You just know with our luck that if we got him back his knee would become supernova

Worst case scenario - Ba's knees explode, Remy gets thrown into prison. :lol:

:llorente?:

I wonder if he'll be demanding a central role again if he comes back.

Probably wont come if he isn't.

We can throw him to the reserves this time round or play the WC card after he signs.

Guest bimpy474

I wonder if he'll be demanding a central role again if he comes back.

Probably wont come if he isn't.

We can throw him to the reserves this time round or play the WC card after he signs.

True :lol: Still dont think this is a serious goer though.

So even if this was true (it's not) and we went into the rest of the season with Ba. We could potentially be seeing the same first 11 we had last season that was in relegation form. Not to mention the fact Pardew admitted after Ba left that he had given in to him too much and that the Ba - Cisse partnership simply didn't work.