Mevlüt Erdinç

Guest sicko2ndbest

Who's Marvin Martin?

http://cache2.allpostersimages.com/p/LRG/8/862/ZOGJ000Z/posters/looney-tunes-marvin-martin.jpg

"Where's the kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering kaboom!"

Don't know why but i have a gut feeling we'll get him.

The fact we've bid £7m for him and PSG haven't exactly told us to do one would suggest we will.

Now that you've put it that way, it does indeed look like we'll get him in the end.

Guest Howaythetoon

My brother in law is an Arsenal season ticket holder and he says Bendtner has a right to say he should be starting for Arsenal more often due to all the injuries to van Persie and the lack of goals and inconsistency of the other forwards in their ranks. When he does play he scores and provides a goal threat. My brother in law says he's probably the wrong type of striker for them though and that he'd thrive as the main man up top for another team. Me, I'm unsure. He has the stamp of someone who would either be shit hot or just shit. He'll never be an assured consistent player mind and would frustrate fans, manager and team-mates alike. He's that kind of player. At the right price I'd have him at the Toon though, he's a considerable step up of any forward we have.

Him, Ba, Shola and Best for example would be an adequate set of strikers for this league and indeed NUFC.

If Arsenal are in for Enrique, I'd hope we'd at least try to get Bendter in as part of the deal, perhaps even a straight swap.

Ideally though I'd like us to look elsewhere and go for a better striker. They are hard to come by that's the problem, at least the Arsenal man is tried and tested in this league and would get goals.

My brother in law is an Arsenal season ticket holder and he says Bendtner has a right to say he should be starting for Arsenal more often due to all the injuries to van Persie and the lack of goals and inconsistency of the other forwards in their ranks. When he does play he scores and provides a goal threat. My brother in law says he's probably the wrong type of striker for them though and that he'd thrive as the main man up top for another team. Me, I'm unsure. He has the stamp of someone who would either be s*** hot or just s***. He'll never be an assured consistent player mind and would frustrate fans, manager and team-mates alike. He's that kind of player. At the right price I'd have him at the Toon though, he's a considerable step up of any forward we have.

Him, Ba, Shola and Best for example would be an adequate set of strikers for this league and indeed NUFC.

If Arsenal are in for Enrique, I'd hope we'd at least try to get Bendter in as part of the deal, perhaps even a straight swap.

Ideally though I'd like us to look elsewhere and go for a better striker. They are hard to come by that's the problem, at least the Arsenal man is tried and tested in this league and would get goals.

If only we could get him on a 6 month loan with a set fee, similar to Ben Arfa, so we could evaluate if he can perform for us.

Would never happen though

There's no great mystery here. Despite all his airs and graces, Bendtner is an old-fashioned English-style centre forward, strong in the air with a good shot on him but not great technically. That's why he hasn't progressed at Arsenal.

I'd rather take a punt on Long, if there's a straight choice between the two. I can't see that Bendtner's offering anything that we haven't already got.

All of a sudden, when the alternative is Shane Long, this doesn't seem too bad anymore. And if nothing else, he's a hard worker!

Lovenkrands is a hard worker, he's living proof that whilst it's a useful and admirable attribute, it needs to be complimented with other skills.

Newcastle fans are guaranteed to love Shane Long as far as I can see, he has everything we like in a player. He runs his arse off, works hard and when he gets the ball he's direct and goes at people. Given chances, his finishing is also good.

He might not blossom straight away, but I think because of his general style the fans would be patient with him. Obviously the downside is he wouldn't be a marquee signing.

Like I said recently, I haven't seen much of Long.  But I have to admit I like the look of him from Youtube (Yeah I know :lol:).  He looks like the right kind of player to play with Ba, fast, direct and a bit of flair about him to.

We need 2 strikers but by the looks of it IF we do sign Long then Best will be sold, am fkn sick of this one in one out shite.. its not strengthening the squad, yes okay maybe we getting a higher calibre player in. Although surely Loven going for Long coming in would be better than selling Best.

We need 2 strikers but by the looks of it IF we do sign Long then Best will be sold, am fkn sick of this one in one out shite.. its not strengthening the squad, yes okay maybe we getting a higher calibre player in. Although surely Loven going for Long coming in would be better than selling Best.

How many strikers did you think we were going to sign this summer, 3? Think that's a bit optimistic for one transfer window. If we get one more to go with Ba I'll be satisified with that.

Obviously I'd rather have more, but come on, it was never likely we'd sign 3 strikers.

How many strikers did you think we were going to sign this summer, 3? Think that's a bit optimistic for one transfer window. If we get one more to go with Ba I'll be satisified with that.

Obviously I'd rather have more, but come on, it was never likely we'd sign 3 strikers.

You'd be happy with Ba, Long, Ameobi, Lovenkrands - and one of Best/Ranger?

Fuck, man.

Well I wanted us to sign two, was hoping for more quality than Ba & Long but there is point us signing two strikers if it means we get rid of one we already have.